E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Upgrade L7 Amp-Audison/Mosconi/Zapco

01-25-2024, 06:47 PM   #1
Paul Kellerman
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xi Coupe + E350 Sedan

Upgrade L7 Amp-Audison/Mosconi/Zapco

Hi Everyone,

I have read the posts on this board religiously and followed the advice with my E92 Logic 7. I have added a Fosgate amp for the underseat midwoofers which has led to a significant increase in bass and overall feel. There has also been a centre tweeter installed.

I am now considering changing the stock amplifier and seeking the best possible SQ, clarity and volume. I have things narrowed down to the Audison Forza 8.9, Mosconi 8 Channel DSP or Zapco 8 DSP.

Which of these 3 would be the best option? The Audison is easier to source and install in Canada. Zapco and Mosconi are unicorns.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 06:58 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Mobridge makes drop in Logic 7 compatible amp that works through the Most Bus.
It has good specs.
I would also look at audiotec fisher.

Last edited by ctuna; 01-25-2024 at 07:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 08:12 PM   #3
Paul Kellerman
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xi Coupe + E350 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
Mobridge makes drop in Logic 7 compatible amp that works through the Most Bus.
It has good specs.
I would also look at audiotec fisher.
Hi ctuna,

Thanks for the reply. I ran a Helix Match7 in my E92 with Hifi. It was very good but the Audison beats it on specs as do the Zapco and Mosconi. I'm eager to try something new and see how these brands are since they're so reputed online.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 12:36 AM   #4
Onizukachan
Great Teacher
Rep
Drives: 06 e91 325ix

Garage List
2006 E91 325ix  [10.00]
2006 Mini r53 JCW  [0.00]
2005 Mini r53  [0.00]
From what I have read as I’m interested in updating an e9x logic 7, you can only get L+R audio off the most (not LF RF LR RR) using an adapter like those from mobridge , so you can either run their most25 8.1.1 like starfox did, which is your effective equivalent of using audiotec fisher match amp on hi fi but with more power, and keeping fade and discrete front and rear functionality…

Or go stereo only from a most adapter to a multichannel dsp and thence to whatever normal amps you want to use.

I’m strongly leaning toward the former option myself. Interested in what you wind up doing as well.

A few OEM+ mods:
MTech front bumper, MSport wheel & handbrake, 4AD trim, full rear shades, more to come…
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 01:23 PM   #5
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Program the Head Unit to Hi Fi and buy the technicpnp kit for conversion to analog output
from the Head Unit.
Logic 7 is a can of worms to work with because of Most Bus.

https://technicpnp.com/product/logic...-applications/
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 10:59 PM   #6
Peter Morrin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90(sedan) 328xi

My question would be what are you going to use as your music source?

I have a 2007 E90 with the Logic 7. I am planning to leave OEM Logic 7 system, 4" front door mids, centre channel and rear door speakers in place and connected to the Logic 7 system. These will be for news, warning chimes, audio books, whatever using the original head unit.

Music will be provided through my phone or through a Digital Audio Player. It will go directly to the DSP or DSP/Amp as a digital signal (USB) or I may use an analogue signal from the phone/DAP if I feel their DACs are better than the DSP. I could also introduce a DAC/Converter like the Topping D10s to convert the USB signal to digital optical or coax if required. Many DSP's will accept Bluetooth and that might be a nice feature for less serious listening.

From the DSP/Amp I plan to run a 4 way active front using the OEM tweeter location, a mid-range mounted in the kicks or A-pillar pods, a 6.5 mid-base low and forward in the doors, and the underseat 8" woofers with more power. A trunk mounted sub is a future option.

Again curious as to your music source and how you will connect it to the DSP. Which Audison are you looking at and what are the input options?
Appreciate 0