E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E92 Boot lid issues

02-01-2023, 02:14 PM   #1
elfrider
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E92

E92 Boot lid issues

Hi all, having intermittent issues with my 2011 E92 LCI boot lid opening and closing. The issue appears in different ways:

1. The boot lid won't open at all, either via the button on the boot itself or via the boot pop button on the key fob. It does nothing, makes no sound or attempt to open whatsoever. If I leave it and come back an hour or so later it works fine first time.
2. The boot won't shut. It bounces back on me and the latch doesn't take hold. When this happens I can sometimes slam it extra hard and it holds but then the boot open warning on the dash comes on and off while driving as if it's only "half" shut. When I then open the boot you can tell it wasn't properly shut by how quickly and easily it opens.

I would say around 80% of the time it works perfectly fine so very much intermittent.

I've already changed the latch module that is behind the carpeted panel on the lid in case the motor was sticking, but this has made zero difference to the problem either better or worse.

Any ideas please?
Appreciate 0