E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > e93 convertible 335i with messed up VO

05-07-2022, 02:03 AM   #1
virtual_law
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 e93 335i auto stock

e93 convertible 335i with messed up VO

01/2007 e93 335i stock RHD here.

Looking for help from the coding gods!

I have some software gremlins. Have been reading up and have a basic understanding of INPA, ISTA, NCSExpert and Toolset32.

I bought the car couple of years ago with a general understanding that some error msgs on the dash can just be chalked down to 'bimmer problems' so long as the car starts up fine, delivers power, and runs good otherwise, which it did.

Some consistent errors on the dash include:
1. Restraint systems faulty
2. Sliding sunroof anti-trap function (the car has no sunroof, its a convertible).
3. SOS call system failure
4. Seat back monitoring failure

Other errors:
5. There is an Aux port under arm rest and an Audio Aux option in the CCC, but it doesn't work. No audio plays when I connect my phone to it.
6. Seat heater buttons don't work. Completely unresponsive to pushes (green lights don't turn on).

Fast forward to today, I've determined the car came with what is known as a COLD Package and Comfort Access. Everything else is stock.

I wanted to remove the errors no. 2 (Sliding sunroof anti-trap function) and no. 4 (Seat back monitoring failure). Also wanted to fix no. 5 (aux port) and 6 (heated seats).

I've pulled codes via ISTA+ and there are a number of them, including:
A072 CA: Driver, relay.
9C69 JBE: Rear stratification-flap potentiometer
93B2 ACSM: Safety battery terminal
93D7 ACSM: Internal control-unit fault
93FF ACSM: Rollover-protection controller
S0076 No communication possible with: CD changer/ipod interface

Vehicle Data from INPA is attached.

After decoding vin online (attached) and checking how my car was originally optioned, it seems that following options from Vehicle Data are missing:
S694 Provisions for BMW 6 CD Changer
S633 Preparation, Mobile Phone, Business
S494 Seat Heating Driver/Passenger
S620 Voice control

How do I go about fixing these errors without upsetting the rest of the car? Considering the car electronics are a good 15 years old, I also don't wanna fry anything with excessive programming. Should I attempt a fix or leave it be?
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Vehicle Data.pdf (100.4 KB, 28 views)
Appreciate 0