E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 335i gearbox an clutch problems???(manual)

11-20-2010, 01:09 AM   #23
Fisch
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

If if you have any performance mod (in terms of gaining engine HP) then I would say nope then it definitely shouldn't be covered
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #24
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

you beat your car

damaged your clutch
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #25
miami1433
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe

I have a completely stock 2007 335i coupe with sport package, and I decided to do donuts one night in a parking lot. It has 43000 miles on it. Long story short, after a couple donuts, and parking the car back at my apartment, I could smell burnt clutch. In the morning, while just driving around at 25 mph, the clutch gave out, and I had to have the car towed by BMW roadside assistance. At first, BMW made it sound like (via telephone) they would cover the clutch and flywheel under warranty, since it "is usually a judgement call whether or not the clutch has been abused," and my service advisor is a nice guy. However, once they saw that the rear tires (which only had 3000 miles in them) had clearly been spun a significant amount, they came back and said that there is no way they could cover the repair costs... So now I'm looking at about $5000 total to replace the clutch, flywheel and 2 rear tires... Any thoughts on what I can do to lower this cost?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 05:58 PM   #26
N54ScoreAnd7BeersAgo
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe--MT, Sport

Had to resurrect this dead thread to put in my 2 cents to say how remarkably foolish the OP sounds.

The audacity to abuse the living hell out of that poor car with his atrocious driving skills and carelessness, and then to belligerently argue with the dealer like a mega-Karen until they pay to replace all the stuff you broke driving it like spoiled kid whose parents bought him a car, and to then come here to not-so-humblebrag about it--unbelievable.

To answer your question: No I've never had that problem. Not on this car or any other. Lord knows what atrocious clutch skills you must have to have welded the clutch on such a new and forgiving car, all for the sake of doing donuts?

I've got such second hand cringe that my great grandkids will probably be born cringing.

🤦*♂️
Appreciate 0