E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > French tyre law...

07-11-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

French tyre law...

Hi guys.

It's not often I step out of the UK forums but I decided to post here for some advice.

I am planning a trip to France and was wondering what the tyre tread laws are there. I have done various google searches and come to the following conclusion:

Tyres must have a minimum tread depth of 1.6mm

Now in the UK, the law states that tyres should have a minimum tread depth of 1.6mm across the central/middle 75% of the tyre. So wear at the inner and outer edges would not be a problem.

Does the same apply in France? Or are the French looking for a minimum of 1.6 across the entire surface of the tyre (therefore, would edge wear become an issue)?

If someone could offer some advice that would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

En français, gracieuseté de Google Translate.

Quote:
Salut les gars.

Ce n'est pas souvent je sors des forums du Royaume-Uni, mais j'ai décidé de poster ici pour quelques conseils.

Je prévois un voyage en France et je me demandais ce que la bande de roulement lois sont là. J'ai fait diverses recherches sur Google et viennent à la conclusion suivante:

Les pneus doivent avoir une profondeur minimale des rainures de 1,6 mm

Maintenant, au Royaume-Uni, la loi stipule que les pneus doivent avoir une profondeur minimale des rainures de 1,6 mm dans la partie centrale / Moyen 75% du pneu. Ainsi, l'usure sur les bords interne et externe ne serait pas un problème.

Elle la même en France? Ou sont les soins des français pour un minimum de 1,6 sur toute la surface du pneu (donc, serait bord usure devenue une question)?

Si quelqu'un pouvait donner quelques conseils qui serait très apprécié.

Merci.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 01:40 AM   #2
chintok
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E87 116d Hatch

hi,

on the side of your tire you have some sort of signs or arrows that show where you can "read" if the tire is run off. Across that point there is a sort of bumb in the tire between the profile. if this one has the same hight then the profile of your tire, you are not allowed to drive anymore on European streets in general. If the profile is good, it's fine.

In Winter however, you are obliged to have wintertires when going to the Alps in France, or to Austria and Switzerland.
Appreciate 0