E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > E90 seat replacement

02-04-2020, 12:31 AM   #1
polo 1992
Rep
Drives: e90 n51

E90 seat replacement

Hi all, as of rn I have 2 almost indentical 2011 e90s that I would like to swap the seats on while keeping the components in their respective cars and just swap the bare seats. Both cars have heated seats but one car has manual seats Car B and one powered seats Car A. I want to take the seats in car B and put them in car A but leave the manual components behind and vice versa. So there should be no problem with wiring. My question is if it is possible for those parts to be removed from the seat and if so would a seat that used to be manual have all the components needed to be powered? Thank you trying to find an answer before tearing both cars apart.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 10:23 PM   #2
polo 1992
Rep
Drives: e90 n51

I’ve looked at the part numbers by vin and both cars have identical parts numbers for the bottom and back portions of the seat but different numbers for the other components obviously. This leads me to believe I’m headed down the right road and will be able to switch out those parts while leaving the mechanisms in their respective cars. So another question I pose is whether or not when I remove the paneling on the seat will they have identical cutouts to fit the other cars movement components? And since they have identical part numbers I’m assuming there won’t be anything at all different inside of the seats (both are heated). I’m really hoping someone can confirm my assumptions before I get into them or break down and get robbed by bmw. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 10:06 AM   #3
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

I’m about to do exactly this and yes, you will be able to swap the seat backs and bottom cushions and keep the frames/controls etc in the original car.

Take a look through these links and it should be pretty straight forward:

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...torcycle-seat/

2 bolts to remove the seat back from the base, a little effort to remove the trims from the seat bottoms but the cushions should come off easily once you get in there.
Appreciate 0