E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > problem while shifting

08-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Davecafe85
Rep
Drives: 07 328i Montego Blue Sport Pkg

Cool problem while shifting

I was driving my 328i and attempted shifting from 2nd to 3rd quickly and shifter locked up in neutral position for about 30 seconds while the clutch was depressed... it wouldn't let me put it into any gear, just wondering if this has occurred with any other members on here
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Sounds like maybe a dragging clutch. Not common but possible. Check your brake/clutch fluid reservoir. It's probably fine since it has a level sensor that will squawk at you if it's low. Your pressure plate might be broken. Get this taken care of quickly. A bad clutch can destroy your gearbox which is REALLY expensive.
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 12:21 AM   #3
Stephenguynes
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 328i E90

Hello I’m new on this web site.. so I have a 2008 bmw 328i and I’m having some problems with the car fuel and air mix…so the car was running great with no problems at all I can turn it off anywhere for a day or two or for a few minutes and I’ll start back up this one pushing to ignition… now I put a few filter pressure regulator in not too long. I still have the old fuel pump on the right hand side the back passenger seat works fine and my pressure regulator works fine to the problem is when I installed it. I did everything I read on it to go crank it up, and now I’m having long start issues??? I have the gas line’s up and down. Fuel filter seems to be good but my injectors are pushing too much gas to the engine, causing it to flow now I have a number one cylinder misfire and it’s running to lean into rich but I think I figured out. That the pressure is fine. Maybe I have a few pictures of mine code scanner that show readings of my pressure going to the injectors in and my fuel line might I know it’s not the gas cap I have vapes leaking somewhere maybe my charcoal box? Or my purge valve? All fuses are good. I see some leaks on top of the gas tank but I have new gaskets fuel filters, fuel pumps everything locked down good on top of the gas tank. I just don’t understand every time I turn off the car and leave it alone for a good while, it’s like the gas seems to run down from the engine bay into my gas tank. It sounds like somebody’s peeing in my gas tank and then when I go to crank it, I even prime it and it cranks were at least 10 seconds before it starts, which now has killed my starter , this is the second new starter I’ve gotten for this car can somebody help me out here and I got one more question has anybody ever seen and service info or shows the car being left in the air but through all of its pictures, the car oil power steering the back of the car the front of the car it has a like a shield in front of the bumper and a M in the back of the car and this goes for all the pictures in service info. It kinda looks like this…(��M just like what I see now but then goes away for good.. but serious not too worried about that but I’m here for his figuring out. Why do I keep on having cranks. It’s kind of embarrassing lol all because of a pump regulator was leaking under the seat replaced it then from there nothing but problems with trying to see if you’re on top via video so he can crank up in one push start but now it seems to be too much gas too much air. Bad mixture and now car is freaking out.
Appreciate 0