E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Stuck boot - UK, no Valet Lock or way to open using Key

11-28-2022, 08:39 AM   #1
Mattos
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 318D, F31 340i

Stuck boot - UK, no Valet Lock or way to open using Key

Hello everyone!

I'm going around in circles! Effectively the Boot / Trunk on my E90 has decided it wants to remain locked at all times, despite the rest of the central locking working.

I desperately need to gain access to the contents but I am struggling to find any short term remedies!

My guess would be the Wiring Loom has a broken cable or two and that's why its not opening! I'm getting the Lovely chime from the car every time I pull away that the boot is open. As well as this, I have a new chime saying I have a fog light and light out. Which sounds like it might be the loom.

I'm under the impression that I have no manual release option as this is a UK car!

I'm out of ideas, I was just taking the rear seats out, but it would appear that I need to have access to the boot / trunk to actually remove these!

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to gain access to the boot for now until I can actually pay for someone to fix my issue?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 05:04 PM   #2
opjose
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Look for the thread here about triggering the lock with a 9v battery at the junction box.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 04:52 AM   #3
e91Owner
e91Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 & 2010 e60

On the app, I can't see what model year/type you're referring to, so I'm assuming an e90. The battery trick at the terminals is only for when your car doesn't have power, which it sounds like it does. If you have checked all of the fuses and verified you don't have a keyhole by the handle to the trunk instead of on the lid itself, you would have to remove the seats yourself to pull the handle. There are several threads/vids online on how to do it yourself where access from the trunk is not required, but you'd probably break the release tabs in doing so.

Here is one of the many threads on releasing the trunk, albeit on an e92.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...ighlight=trunk

You may want to try the license plate removal mentioned in there as well.
Appreciate 0