E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > FRM1 to FRM2 upgrade, problem with windows

04-06-2023, 11:46 AM   #1
Shmekera
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320d Stage1+

FRM1 to FRM2 upgrade, problem with windows

Hello everyone,
My car is an E90 320d 2006. Recently i got a FRM2 module from an E82/E88 2008 and I was told that it will work with my car. I spend the last few days trying to code it. I had some problems throughout the process but in the end everyting started working perfecly, except the front windows.

I coded:
- Fog lights as DLRs
- Welcome lights

The problem that I'm currently facing is with the windows going up and down in a stuttering motion. When i hold down the button, the window only moves about a centimeter and it stops. I have to press it again and again (spam it) to roll it down, then the same procedure when I want to close it. I looked it up and found that I have to recalibrate/reset the windows. (Holding 15-20secs when the window is fully opened then again when its fully closed). It didn't help. Then i tried to reinitialise the window regulators with ISTA. Again nothing. The rear windows work perfecly and reinitialising them with ISTA also worked.
When i put the old FRM1 module in, the front windows start working again, so it's not a blown window regulator or something mechanical (I think). I haven't seen anyone else on the internet with the same problem like mine.
My last hope was that ISTA would help but I had no luck. I have no errors whatsoever. Tried to disconnect and connect the battery, tried to reflash the module a couple of times, nothing.
The only things that I think of are:
- It needs some repining
- E82/88 module is not 100% compatible with an E90

It's not the biggest problem currently but when summer comes it would be awkward....

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help. My last resort is taking the car to a professional coder but i really don't want to...
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2023, 05:10 AM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

- E81 E82/88 module is not 100% compatible with an E90 E87 E91 cars
      04-11-2023, 09:10 AM   #3
Shmekera
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320d Stage1+

Replacing the module with a new (used) one fixed it. The new one is from an E90 FRM2 NSW. Everything works now, I don't know if the other module was faulty or not compatible. Either way I suggest getting a module for exactly your model to minimize the risk of it not working properly.
Appreciate 0