E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > NCS Expert not saving new values

05-02-2017, 10:50 AM   #1
albotronic
Enlisted Member
Albania
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

NCS Expert not saving new values

I'm trying to code some modules in my car, and I can't figure out why NCS Expert is not writing/saving the new .MAN file. I tried doing it through the BMW Coding Tool and manually.

Load NCS Expert, File > Load Profile > Expert Mode...go through the rest of the steps.

I read the .TRC file, make the wanted changes, save as .MAN file in the work folder, change the job in NCS Expert to SG_Codieren, hit "Excecute Job", the software says it's writing, however when I pull the file back out the new values are not saved.

Am I missing something here? Any help will be appreciated...

PS. I tried this with a standalone installation of BMW Std Tools/NCS Expert and as part of the VM Machine. Also tried re-loading datens.

Last edited by albotronic; 05-02-2017 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: profile
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 12:01 PM   #2
albotronic
Enlisted Member
Albania
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by albotronic View Post
I'm trying to code some modules in my car, and I can't figure out why NCS Expert is not writing/saving the new .MAN file. I tried doing it through the BMW Coding Tool and manually.

Load NCS Expert, File > Load Profile > Expert Mode...go through the rest of the steps.

I read the .TRC file, make the wanted changes, save as .MAN file in the work folder, change the job in NCS Expert to SG_Codieren, hit "Excecute Job", the software says it's writing, however when I pull the file back out the new values are not saved.

Am I missing something here? Any help will be appreciated...

PS. I tried this with a standalone installation of BMW Std Tools/NCS Expert and as part of the VM Machine. Also tried re-loading datens.
I think I figured it out, but I'll leave it up for anyone in the same situation. Have to make sure is FSW/PSW-Manipulate with FSW_PSW.MAN is checked in the edit profile > FSW/PSW screen.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 02:19 AM   #3
cpt_keys
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 30D 2020

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by albotronic View Post
I think I figured it out, but I'll leave it up for anyone in the same situation. Have to make sure is FSW/PSW-Manipulate with FSW_PSW.MAN is checked in the edit profile > FSW/PSW screen.
6 years on, and this helped me today!
thank you
Appreciate 0