E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Removed battery now can’t access boot

08-06-2023, 08:49 PM   #1
Raised
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E90

Removed battery now can’t access boot

I have taken my E90 off the road over summer, so I removed the battery to bring it inside and leave it on a trickle charger. As soon as I removed it, I realised that the boot needs electricity to open, so I’m now locked out of the boot (where the battery goes). I’m not in a rush to open it but when I need to, is there a way to open the boot without removing the rear handle?

Is it possible to connect the battery to the jump points under the bonnet/hood to power the rear handle?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2023, 09:29 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=986670

See entry 14 but read the whole thing if you get time.

It won't help you to jump from the battery if it's dissconnected as the battery distribution
block on top of the battery has the connection that goes to the cabin fuse board.
Also if you apply voltage to that and one of the positives is connected to ground something will burn.

Also there is no reason to remove the battery to charge it if you can hook the charger to under hood charge points.

This is a question for the general section.

Last edited by ctuna; 08-07-2023 at 06:06 AM..
Appreciate 0