E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Calgary questions

09-26-2008, 12:41 AM   #23
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

Bought my car from Calgary BMW. Should be here next month (will probably be one of the first Montego 2009 LCI's!)

Got amazing service from Calgary BMW. Essentially, Edmonton BMW told me they didn't have time for me when I was the only one there. I guess they didn't think I was serious on buying. I guess they lost out on the sale of a fully loaded (minus sound upgrade) 2009 LCI E90 now. Tough luck for them.

Edmonton BMW gave me the worst service out of ANY car dealership I've ever gone to. I'm not the only one either. I've had several friends who have said the same thing (and one of them actually worked as a salesman for another car company so he knows the reputation of Edmonton BMW in the industry). From what I've heard too, getting any service from Edmonton BMW is not fun and they just don't treat customers well at all. The staff have just a sense of arrogance there. That's why Calgary BMW picked up my business. I was living in Calgary at the time and just dropped in and I noticed the huge difference in attitude.

Btw, I got AWD for my car. I've been stuck a few times in Calgary but this is mostly in the deep SW. A lot of the side streets in some of the newer areas aren't really ploughed well and that's where AWD can be useful. Also, I've lost control (but managed to fight it and regain control) on Crowchild Trail on the overpass a few times. This was driving the Camry though but it had winter tires. The reason why I went AWD for my car is that I drive a lot between Edmonton and Calgary and I just want AWD for high speeds in the winter on the QE2. That's where AWD really makes a big difference because regaining control of a car while going at highway speeds can be pretty scary. Anything extra really helps.
Appreciate 0