E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > TDIwyse selling his 335d

04-07-2019, 05:03 PM   #1
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

[Update ... sold different car and keeping this one ... sorry]

Hello gentlemen.

I've been pretty quiet for awhile. Life is too busy, shifting priorities ... and I'm looking to simplify my life. One of the things I'm planning to do is sell the 335d IF the right buyer comes along.

Lots and lots of posts over the years about digging into the 335d platform and lots of details about this car and learned a lot from others and made a few good friends. Its been a great ride, by at this point in my life the 335d is just not fitting, and it spends most of its time sitting.

A quick synopsis of the car:

2011 sport package, cold weather package (heated seats, heated steering wheel, fold down rear seats), silver outside, cream/beige inside.

~87k miles.

Newer HP turbo and ProTurbo Hybrid LP turbo.

External waste gate with disabled IWG (one less vacuum thing to go wrong).

JR custom hybrid tune. Additional DDE available for a little extra.

DWR xHP Trans Tune.

Full deletes and no EGR for quite some time with extremely clean engine (see below).

New valve cover gasket and glow plug module from this winter and swirl flap delete (posted pics on forum of replacement showing engine internals/intake with pristine carbon free internals).

Fluidampr harmonic balancer and newer clutched alternator wheel.

Limited slip diff (Quaife).

Refreshed suspension components with Koni FSD shocks.

Additional fuel filtration used from very early on as documented on the forum (Stanadyne fuel manager). Will throw in a couple extra fuel manager filters.

255/40R17 Firehawk Indy 500 rears and Conti DW 225/45R17 front on light weight D-Force LTW5 wheels are currently on the vehicle. Additional wheel tires available for negotiation include: Continental DWS 245/40R17 on ARC 8 . Tire Rack winter set of Michelin X-Ice tires on generic aluminum rims. All wheels have TPMS. And a set of Kosei K1 wheels with Hoosier DOT drag radials without TPMS.

Multiple transmission fluid and filter changes. Service histories and used oil analysis have been posted, but can repost if there's interest.

Water methanol installation (although the controller, and the "extra" secret sauce stuff have been disconnected for the last ~ year due to waiting on the last recall item part to get in stock so I can get that done...I can leave in the water methanol things or pull them if desired, but the controller will not be included due to custom nature of that setup). Final intake item is scheduled for this week and then she should be good to go and fully up to date.

Semi floating drilled/slotted upgraded disc breaks.

Oh, custom cold air intake (can also throw in the OEM setup, but air box is modified a bit for better airflow as described in an older thread).

Fleetguard CCV filter which works better than any of the "catch can" style units I've tried.

A new and unused OEM midsection SCR system is available if interested for extra $'s, but one would need a way to haul that....

I've worked with JR and Andrew from AARodriguez for DDE tuning over the years, and Andrew was interested in buying this but he decided not to due to my rig not having comfort access, nav, and he's not a fan of the tan interior.

Both DWR and Mik325tds have been to my place and driven the car before, although at different times and different states of modification.

If anyone is close to the middle Iowa area and ready to own a well cared for, low mile, mechanically clean 335d, then PM me.

Price is $19k with all the sets of wheels/tires and SCR exhaust.

Price is $18k for the car as is with some additional filters.

Certified check, no personal check, required for transaction.

A couple videos already posted from years ago on this forum, but might be interesting to see now.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/m1R-GM...vq=hd1080&fs=1

And some other interesting things here: http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW--335d-Drag-Racing.html

RANT MODE = ON

But please don't contact me unless you absolutely already know you want a highly modified 335d ... I am an extreme introvert and do not have time or energy to deal with people who don't know exactly what they want and ask a lot of questions and want to kick tires and negotiate ... PLEASE, ONLY people who know bmw's and modified diesels need to contact me.

I have 0 interest in any kind of "trade".

I'm not driving anywhere to meet you.

Do not contact me if you want to negotiate the price. The price is below what many knowledgeable people have told me to ask for the car, and if if you don't want to pay the price, that's ok, because I don't need to sell it.
Attached Images

Last edited by TDIwyse; 04-14-2019 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: No longer selling car...
Appreciate 2
RED-d27.00
      04-07-2019, 06:00 PM   #2
floydarogers
Curmudgeon and Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d

I would not have thought that you would put for sale your highly-modified 335d before I sell my completely stock, still emissions-certified (well, the SES came on the other day) 138K 335d. Kind of sorry, after following with pleasure all your posts about various mods.

Good luck!

And people that don't like tan interiors aren't deserving of our time, btw.
Appreciate 1
TDIwyse613.50
      04-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #3
nicklockard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 w/Nav; paddleshifters

Sweet wheels and nice, clean look. I literally love everything about the color combo.

I wish I could buy it ans swap over my hidden hitch, but alas I've sunk too much silly money into this damned car I'll never get it out except to wring every last drop from it myself.

Best luck with sale and your next adventures.

Mods: *ATM 304SS Turbo-back exhaust, w/ ox-cat *ATM stepped intercooler *ATM silicone tubing kits (hot & cold sides) JR 2.8 tune *Whitbread CP3R90 HPFP *AArod EGR racepipe*Execuhitch hidden hitch *Stage 3 transmission tune
Appreciate 1
TDIwyse613.50
      04-07-2019, 06:15 PM   #4
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

GLWS TDI and thank you for all your contributions over the years
Appreciate 1
TDIwyse613.50
      04-07-2019, 07:18 PM   #5
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Alas, all things must come to an end. I hate to see you sell this beaut’. I understand we all go in a different direction eventually. Good luck with the sale and hopefully one of us enthusiasts buys it.
Appreciate 1
TDIwyse613.50
      04-07-2019, 07:39 PM   #6
335dlci
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
Alas, all things must come to an end. I hate to see you sell this beaut’. I understand we all go in a different direction eventually. Good luck with the sale and hopefully one of us enthusiasts buys it.
Yeah it sad to see OG going and doing other things but we can't always keep cars. Some dumbass cut me off and almost destroyed mine today. Wish the best to you tdi.
Appreciate 1
TDIwyse613.50
      04-08-2019, 04:39 AM   #7
Thecastle
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2019 RAM 3500  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3  [0.00]
2016 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2000 Ford F450 7.3l ...  [0.00]
For selfish reasons, I'd hope TDIwyse is stuck with us and has to stay with the 335d owners club.

It is a very nice car and I wish you the best.
Appreciate 4
      04-08-2019, 05:38 AM   #8
Persian Whisperjet
Kind of a Big Deal
United_States
Rep

This is the end of an era. BMW NA should buy this and put it in their museum.

The lack of NAV is a plus by the way.
      04-08-2019, 01:58 PM   #9
charlie fairmont
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: His & hers, GC & X5

There needs to some sort of King Arthur, sword in the stone type test for the right to own this.

Anyone else envisioning the Wayne's World crew doing their "we're not worthy" bows?
Appreciate 2
TDIwyse613.50
cm335d59.00
      04-08-2019, 06:19 PM   #10
cm335d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Sweet ride! Good luck with your sale and future adventures. I've learned a lot from your posts and appreciate your knowledge about the 335d.
Appreciate 1
TDIwyse613.50
      04-10-2019, 06:24 PM   #11
Mik325tds
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d M-Sport

As one of the very few people who had the honor to meet TDIwyse AND drive his car, I'd like to leave a few words here.
TDI took very good and meticulous care of the car as you can see in the description and pictures. I send my oil in every now and then for analysis, but TDI has a complete history of engine oil and transmission. He just takes care to another level.
Having the chance to drive this car was a privilege and pure joy. We properly warmed up the engine and oil before pushing it and knowing TDI, this car has never been pushed when the engine was cold.
My car is tuned with JR 2.8 with full delete (no meth), so I'm quite used to the very enjoyable acceleration of the 335d, but TDI's car made me smile and chuckle when I pushed it. It is quite a difference to mine.
If I didn't have a 335d already, TDI's 335d wouldn't be for sale anymore because it would be in my garage by now.
We all know what this means: After this car is sold, this forum is most likely to lose one of the members and pioneers that made this forum one of the best. For me it is the most fun and interesting forum I've participated in. When I joined in 2014 I immediately noticed that TDIwyse's post were always filled with data and excellent info. I learned to pay attention to what he had to say. He helped many of us with advice, tools and even helped Matt Whitbread when his car got misfueled by a crappy fuel station that had a mix of Diesel/Gas at the Diesel pump and broke down near TDI's house. How much more can you ask for?
I'm very sad to see TDI go and can only hope to stay in contact with personal emails.
Good luck TDI on your future endeavors and THANK YOU! I hope your car finds a worthy new owner.
Appreciate 3
      04-10-2019, 11:53 PM   #12
335dlci
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik325tds View Post
As one of the very few people who had the honor to meet TDIwyse AND drive his car, I'd like to leave a few words here.
TDI took very good and meticulous care of the car as you can see in the description and pictures. I send my oil in every now and then for analysis, but TDI has a complete history of engine oil and transmission. He just takes care to another level.
Having the chance to drive this car was a privilege and pure joy. We properly warmed up the engine and oil before pushing it and knowing TDI, this car has never been pushed when the engine was cold.
My car is tuned with JR 2.8 with full delete (no meth), so I'm quite used to the very enjoyable acceleration of the 335d, but TDI's car made me smile and chuckle when I pushed it. It is quite a difference to mine.
If I didn't have a 335d already, TDI's 335d wouldn't be for sale anymore because it would be in my garage by now.
We all know what this means: After this car is sold, this forum is most likely to lose one of the members and pioneers that made this forum one of the best. For me it is the most fun and interesting forum I've participated in. When I joined in 2014 I immediately noticed that TDIwyse's post were always filled with data and excellent info. I learned to pay attention to what he had to say. He helped many of us with advice, tools and even helped Matt Whitbread when his car got misfueled by a crappy fuel station that had a mix of Diesel/Gas at the Diesel pump and broke down near TDI's house. How much more can you ask for?
I'm very sad to see TDI go and can only hope to stay in contact with personal emails.
Good luck TDI on your future endeavors and THANK YOU! I hope your car finds a worthy new owner.
Quailty post. I do miss this forum. The community is no longer the same.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2019, 08:46 PM   #13
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecastle View Post
For selfish reasons, I'd hope TDIwyse is stuck with us and has to stay with the 335d owners club.
Well, the fever has passed and I had a change of plans with my fleet of vehicles. Sold a different car already and will be trying to sell my old Cummins Ram 2500 and will thus be keeping the 335d. So I guess I'll continue to be lurking around here ... :-)

Thanks for all the well wishes and comments. Peace.