E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2007 E92 328i - Manual (Upstate NY)

04-14-2019, 04:38 PM   #1
hhtaylor91
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 328i

2007 E92 328i - Manual (Upstate NY)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
For sale is my 2007 328i that I’ve owned since February 2016. The car is in very good condition and runs/drives like new. The paint has its flaws (12 year old car) but is definitely in above average condition for its age. The worst of it is on the left corner of the rear bumper where there are some noticeable scuffs (pictured). I thought about having the rear bumper repainted at one point and received a quote from Mac’s Auto Service II for $500 to repaint the whole thing. The scratches never bothered me that much so I never went through with it.

Options:
Black sapphire metallic paint
6-speed manual transmission
Sports package
Cold weather package
Premium package
Aluminum trim

Modifications:
M-style weighted shift knob (I’ll include the stock knob also)
BMW M Performance exhaust (I also still have the stock exhaust if the buyer prefers that)
Apex Arc-8 18x8.5” wheels in anthracite (much lighter than stock, had a pretty major positive impact on performance) - purchased in June of 2018, still under the 2-year structural warranty
K&N drop-in air filter (stock air intake)
Black kidney grills (will include stock plastic chrome ones)
Rear window is tinted (still legal in NY)

Maintenance Items (I have all receipts):
Always used full-synthetic engine oil, changed regularly
All recall-related work done by BMW of Rochester (currently up to date on all recalls)
Brakes replaced right before I took ownership of it
Spark plugs - 82k miles
Cam adjuster gasket - 82k
Valve cover gasket - 82k
Cam sensor seal - 82k
Power steering fluid - 82k
Front sway bar end links replaced (OEM) - 82k
Front sway bar bushings replaced (OEM) - 82k
Inner/outer tie rods replaced (OEM) - 83k
Differential fluid/transmission fluid - 83k
DOT 4 brake fluid - 84k
All shifter bushings replaced - 84k
Starter replaced - 86k
Intake manifold gasket - 86k
Transmission fluid (yes I’m obsessive) - 89k
Water pump/thermostat + coolant flush - 89k
Battery replaced/reprogrammed - 90k
Belt drive tensioner - 90k
Rear end links replaced (OEM) - 92k
Alignment - 100k
Oil filter housing gasket - 103k
Engine coolant flush - 103k
Oil change - 103k

The last three items (oil filter housing gasket, engine coolant flush, and oil change) were all done by BMW of Rochester in December 2018. They also performed an inspection at that time and found no other issues (aside from the gasket that they replaced). All of the other work was done by Redi Imports (I highly recommend that shop) except for the battery replacement, which was done by The Little Speed Shop.

Wear Items:
As of December 2018, the front and rear brakes had 8mm and 5mm of friction material left, respectively (so about 50% and 20% life left).
Front tires are Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport that are worn to 6/32” (about 50% life left); they were installed at 90k miles.
Rear tires are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ that are worn to 7/32” (about 60% life left); they were installed at 94k miles.
The clutch has never been replaced (as far as I know) but it has also never slipped or shown any signs of needing replacement.

In regards to the price, I realize it’s slightly higher than your average 3-series off a used car lot. The premium comes from the wheels (they’re $1,200 high-performance wheels with a year’s worth of warranty left) and from the extensive maintenance done to the car. I used a well-known market-driven valuation website (Craigslist won’t let me reference the site) to come up with the value, which is still in their “fair” price range.

I also have a set of Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires mounted on BMW 17" wheels. These could be included in the sale for a few hundred bucks.

Ok, that’s probably enough for one post. I’m clearly the obsessive-owner type and am quite knowledgeable of the vehicle. If you have any additional questions I’m happy to answer them.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 07:10 PM   #2
Nyk515
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335

Current mileage?
Appreciate 0