E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Hawaii > anyone run a 335i vs m3

03-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #23
Robertyu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 GT-R

Ron's performance sells VPRacing products, but I'm not sure if they sell methanol, and thell sell the race gas at over twice what it should cost. Tom Brown (well known rail racing guy on Oahu) was selling methanol for a while, but I'm unsure if he still does. I'll likely start bringing it in once I install my meth system in a month or so.

Are you planning to move to Oahu, or just visit with the car? I would be pretty suprized you'd go through the cost and hassle to bring the car here without the Superferry just to visit for a week or so. You have a track on your island where we don't. You also have more areas you could go fast than us.

Last edited by Robertyu; 03-20-2010 at 10:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 04:20 AM   #24
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertyu View Post
If we can find a safe enough place to do this, I'll be down for it. What are you guys dyno'ing at this time? Any of you M3 guys gone FI yet, or in the near future? It would be nice if it was not a massacre when I loose.
um, sorry to burst your bubble, but i don't think ricky meant he's planning any literal late night illegal street races. or at least i don't think he was. if so, i'm definitely NOT down for that.
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 05:51 AM   #25
Robertyu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
um, sorry to burst your bubble, but i don't think ricky meant he's planning any literal late night illegal street races. or at least i don't think he was. if so, i'm definitely NOT down for that.
Um, I don't feel it appropriate that you should be thinking you're bursting MY bubble. Perhaps you should peer earlier into this thread. You did not need my compliance with that portion to put the hammer down on such obvious misbehaving intentions in this forum. Please don't use YOUR interpretations of Ricky's post to attempt to put my nose into potty stain on the carpet that has already been laid by others here. You have others to scold before getting to me sir. That should be plain to see for you.

All I saw was a "Any of you 335s run a E9x M3" post from a young guy on another island, and an E90 M3 owner response saying, "I'll be more than willing to run with any 335s" from a guy that has no legal track on his home island. Of course other invitation propositions ensued that went un-judicated by you until now. Where do you think all these supposed "runnings with" were supposed to happen?

I take offense that you use my post as a scapegoat to yet-ungotten games, all while defending one of the earlier thread participants here. Where the hell were you ten days ago when this entire thread really should have been snuffed out according to your virtuous standards?

Cliff Notes: I joined the thread late, said I was game too, and you put it all on me where it clearly belonged elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 06:22 AM   #26
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M

Quote:
If we can find a safe enough place to do this, I'll be down for it. What are you guys dyno'ing at this time? Any of you M3 guys gone FI yet, or in the near future? It would be nice if it was not a massacre when I loose.
Whats up Robert!! Havent heard from you since Toys for Tots.
My last Dyno numbers were ... 347HP and 254TQ. I had a Gruppe M intake system and a axle back exhaust. As of right now I am parting out my car I'm sure a tuned 335 will not loose to a M3 on straight roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui86 View Post
soon i'll be buying a funny gas kit and stronger clutch before my car touches oahu again do a couple dyno pulls and have some friendly runs against you m3 folks hopefully my car will be ready to go down the track for memorial day drags to see what i can muster out of my car.

question... there is a dealer or shop that ships vpracing products on oahu. does anyone know if they sell m1 methanol? thank you!

teri
When and how long do you plan to stay? Let me know ahead of time when you plan to visit ... I'll try and set up a dyno day for us E9X peeps

Quote:
Are you planning to move to Oahu, or just visit with the car? I would be pretty suprized you'd go through the cost and hassle to bring the car here without the Superferry just to visit for a week or so. You have a track on your island where we don't. You also have more areas you could go fast than us.
We should all go to Maui

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
No I did not plan and will not paln a night of illegal street races ... I've been really busy with my family during the day and I'm sure many of you have noticed the lack of meets. I just thought if you guys were down then maybe we could do a late night meet and a fun drive home.

Quote:
Um, I don't feel it appropriate that you should be thinking you're bursting MY bubble. Perhaps you should peer earlier into this thread. You did not need my compliance with that portion to put the hammer down on such obvious misbehaving intentions in this forum. Please don't use YOUR interpretations of Ricky's post to attempt to put my nose into potty stain on the carpet that has already been laid by others here. You have others to scold before getting to me sir. That should be plain to see for you.

All I saw was a "Any of you 335s run a E9x M3" post from a young guy on another island, and an E90 M3 owner response saying, "I'll be more than willing to run with any 335s" from a guy that has no legal track on his home island. Of course other invitation propositions ensued that went un-judicated by you until now. Where do you think all these supposed "runnings with" were supposed to happen?

I take offense that you use my post as a scapegoat to yet-ungotten games, all while defending one of the earlier thread participants here. Where the hell were you ten days ago when this entire thread really should have been snuffed out according to your virtuous standards?

Cliff Notes: I joined the thread late, said I was game too, and you put it all on me where it clearly belonged elsewhere.
Come on guys ... Show your ALOHA!!

Quote:
E90 M3 owner response saying, "I'll be more than willing to run with any 335s
In no ways did I mean for anyone to take my comment as if I was calling out cars/people!! I'm just curious to see how my car would do if I did a friendly run with another type of BMW motor, tuned or stock. I have never owned a tuned N54 and I see many threads/videos of how these N54 motors can put down some crazy numbers but always wanted to see it in person.

Like I said ... I am in no way setting up a night of street racing!! Just a late night meet. What people do after the meet is up to them and is their kuliana!!
LTMW FTL . Karbonwerks LCI Trunk . Vorsteiner Poly Front Lip . NA Motorsports LUX H8 . RECARO Pole Position Seats . BMW Performance Pedals . BMW Performance Performance Grills . BMW Painted Fender Grills . BBS 19x9.5 19x11 LMs . Michelin PS2 265/295 . H&R Sport Springs . Wheel Mate 45/55MM Stud Kit . BBS Red Lug Nuts . ESS VT1 Supercharger . Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #27
Robertyu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808E90 View Post
Whats up Robert!! Havent heard from you since Toys for Tots.
My last Dyno numbers were ... 347HP and 254TQ. I had a Gruppe M intake system and a axle back exhaust. As of right now I am parting out my car I'm sure a tuned 335 will not loose to a M3 on straight roads
I'm doing good, but have been busy at working starting out on another project and "trying" to potty train a new pup. I hope to make it to some of the upcoming meets.

Those are good numbers for a pretty stock M3. Why are you parting out the car? If you are selling it, what will you be getting next?

Even stock E9x M3s are not to be trifled with imho. I think that if a guy throws a tune on his N54 and thinks he's got an M3 killer, he is in for a big disappointment, even in a straight line. If I could afford an M3, that is what I'd be driving, and I know my role. I never cast a defiant eye at M3 drivers, and none of them have ever provoked me with revving or other aggressive behavior.

Quote:
Come on guys ... Show your ALOHA!!
You're right, and I'm sorry for being crass, but his post seemed to be judgmental, and inappropriately directed at me. I have no ill intent towards any here, and will move forward with respect and friendliness if others do the same.

Quote:
In no ways did I mean for anyone to take my comment as if I was calling out cars/people!! I'm just curious to see how my car would do if I did a friendly run with another type of BMW motor, tuned or stock. I have never owned a tuned N54 and I see many threads/videos of how these N54 motors can put down some crazy numbers but always wanted to see it in person.

Like I said ... I am in no way setting up a night of street racing!! Just a late night meet. What people do after the meet is up to them and is their kuliana!!
I did not take it that you were calling out people, and what I've seen of the BMW guys out here so far, it's all class at the meets. I feel a bit unworthy attending.

Frankly, I'm going a bit stir-crazy without a track here. I miss all the fun and camaraderie that all racers, even rivals had there. Sadly, it is unlikely that this most populous island in the state will ever have a track like ALL the other major islands enjoy. I grow more bitter about this with each passing year.

I'm going to the dyno again in a month and can drop you a PM if you want to stop by. I'm hoping to be about 40+ whp over what I did last time. We may not be able to legally race here, but at least we can have some fun tuning on the dyno.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 03:52 PM   #28
maui86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

the reason i'm even thinking about shipping my car for a week there is because im 24 and renting a car for a week wont be much less so why not drive a car i'm comfortable with. if that doesn't work out i'm still cool meeting up if i'm up there during a time of a meet. when this will happen, i'm not sure, just seems you guys are pretty active on meets so i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask about it. hopefully the o2 sensor is the cause of my car running funky.

i did not mean to anger anyone with my thread it was simply a possilbe meet up and cruise and take/give a couple of rides to anyone curious of what a fully modded n54 does and if a m3 wants to run along side(if conditions are safe) for a short burst(enough time to see what will happen). the last time i set up a legit race(2am, no cars on the road and did several drives to make sure no walkers or bikers on the side of the road), but there was a cop hiding somewhere and got arrested(several years back). so now i wont set up a race but i will do friendly runs if cars come up on the hwy and theres no other cars on the road(i know its not common on oahu for these conditions to be met haha). i know it sounds weird, but its a kharma thing to me haha.

if no one is comfortable doing a runs/rides its all good. i'm game for a meet and just cruise and forget about anything else

teri

gotta do what i gotta do to get them donuts
04 spec-v: rip dec07
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 10:13 PM   #29
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Its all good guys ... I'll be setting up a night meet soon
LTMW FTL . Karbonwerks LCI Trunk . Vorsteiner Poly Front Lip . NA Motorsports LUX H8 . RECARO Pole Position Seats . BMW Performance Pedals . BMW Performance Performance Grills . BMW Painted Fender Grills . BBS 19x9.5 19x11 LMs . Michelin PS2 265/295 . H&R Sport Springs . Wheel Mate 45/55MM Stud Kit . BBS Red Lug Nuts . ESS VT1 Supercharger . Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 04:39 AM   #30
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

Quote:

Hey man, nothing personal, and didn't mean any ill will here either. There may be some over enthusiastic members here, and just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea (which admittedly I may have indeed given from my own earlier posts). My apologies if I offended anyone.
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #31
maui86
Captain
United_States
Rep

so the likely hood of me shipping my car is iffy. i called YB and they gave me a run around on guaranteed shipment after my friend said they delayed their shipment 2weeks!!!

they said they can't guarentee the shipment date for blah blah blah. probably in case something they could charge more for shows up. they did admit it could be delayed up to a week on the original shipping date! :-( my luck, i'd drop my car off, fly to oahu and the car would arrive on oahu when i have to fly back to maui. haha.

on a side note, the last time i was in honolulu, a blue m3 sedan flew past me(probably stopped at ~80mph) sounds amazing. haha

that recent thought is what actually sparked my original question in this thread. haha.

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2010, 04:35 AM   #32
haynstyle335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335i

we're just a big happy family in Hawaii huh ...........we definitely gotta get together soon so we can all shoot the breeze and have some drinks.....i check the posts every once in awhile so i think i'll be more active.....i can't lose touch with the e90 homies....shrimp would be nice again or just a cruise somewhere to get together; hopefully mark doesn't leave after 5 mins again (where you at g???)....we got screwed royally when the super ferry left.....i wanted to try it once and hit the tracks on maui; would've been fun.....i gotta admit...when i'm in my car i'm always hungry for a little action....nimitz was prolly wheere most of my fun happened but not having a true track place really sucks.... i would love to get an M but i'll probably wait for the next gen if anything.....no moa money right now........and don't let me win next time kendall.........the M actually had a better jump off the line but u all know what happened next......freeway he would've caught me up and devoured me.....but who f%@$#% cares.....i love bmws, i love you guys, and i love my F%@$%$@# LAKERS!!!! lets hook it up soon!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2010, 01:47 AM   #33
rouxeny
Living the aloha
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

I'd be interested in a night meet.

There really needs to be a track here.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 06:47 AM   #34
maui86
Captain
United_States
Rep

and there is talk they will close down the track on maui when they decide to build a prison in the same place. haha.

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 04:35 PM   #35
NatAsp-M3
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Quote:
I'm going to the dyno again in a month and can drop you a PM if you want to stop by. I'm hoping to be about 40+ whp over what I did last time. We may not be able to legally race here, but at least we can have some fun tuning on the dyno.
Where are you going to dyno, and how much are they charging you and which dyno is it? Hows that for a run-on-question.

e90M3, sold: Akrapovic // Brembo // VRS // Eisenmann // Advan RS // ESS // Challenge
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 11:48 PM   #36
Robertyu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatAsp-M3 View Post
Where are you going to dyno, and how much are they charging you and which dyno is it? Hows that for a run-on-question.
I usually go to RADS Motorsports in Waipahu, and it is a Dynojet. They charge me $100 for the session, pretty much just put me up there and let me self operate. That way, I can stay up there as long as I need as long as it is a slow day, and they don't need to waste an employee's time operating the dyno. Rod and the guys have always been totally cool as well, so that makes going there even better. I've got to change my fuel pump before I go and dyno again, but hopefully I'll get around to that soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 12:02 AM   #37
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatAsp-M3 View Post
I dyno at Sonics becuase they're right in town ... We had a dyno day and we all paid $50 for three runs.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #38
shochu75
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

hey update, the 76 on King is back in business with 100octane! They told me they had it rationed for a while but now it's all G!

On a side note I dynoed at rads...

Little disappointed, but I was misfiring in cylinders 4 a 6 during the dyno runs, and I still had stock exhaust with secondary cats in.
I just replaced all 6 of my plugs (they were super black) and cut out my secondary cats so the car should put out a little more power
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #39
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Can you make the graph bigger?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #40
shochu75
Private First Class
Rep

sorry I dunno why photobucket made it so small, basically i was around 390whp and 411wtq, and the baseline run (stock tune) was 286whp and 302 wtq.

Here's the link Shiv sent me for my dyno run image
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k4...4506/MikeA.jpg
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #41
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shochu75 View Post
sorry I dunno why photobucket made it so small, basically i was around 390whp and 411wtq, and the baseline run (stock tune) was 286whp and 302 wtq.

Here's the link Shiv sent me for my dyno run image
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k4...4506/MikeA.jpg
Nice ... 390 on pump?

I wish a high strung V8 could make TQ numbers like a turbo can.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #42
shochu75
Private First Class
Rep

haha well numbers are one thing, but I seriously am considering selling the e90 and picking up a m3. they are just so nice, and I really want an LSD!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #43
maui86
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shochu75 View Post
haha well numbers are one thing, but I seriously am considering selling the e90 and picking up a m3. they are just so nice, and I really want an LSD!
what mods again? :-)

Appreciate 0