E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > 2011 BMW 335D DPF Delete

01-19-2017, 10:38 PM   #1
defjam90
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

2011 BMW 335D DPF Delete

Hi ,

Planning to perform the DPF delete & a stage 2 /2.5 JR tuning on my BMW 335D. Shopping around for DPF delete Kit & Exhaust .

Liked the Buzzken ,unfortunately they stopped making the exhaust limited to only down pipe .The other option is P&L motorsports , they seem to be pricey no options for resonators & looks like they have drone issue.

Any thoughts /suggestion/recommendations will be appreciated .

Thank You
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 07:52 AM   #2
GMWNashville
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 G05, 16 F80, 10 E70x5D

We did the stage 2 JR on a customers car recently and its awesome! We opted for the dynamic EGR so the car could maintain passing emissions but it should limit the carbon buildup issues as we also performed a carbon cleaning recently on the same car. We will be coming back and possibly doing some deletes and exhaust work in the future but for now the customer still needed to be emissions compliant.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #3
rulonger
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d E90 & 2010 328i E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by defjam90 View Post
Hi ,

Planning to perform the DPF delete & a stage 2 /2.5 JR tuning on my BMW 335D. Shopping around for DPF delete Kit & Exhaust .

Liked the Buzzken ,unfortunately they stopped making the exhaust limited to only down pipe .The other option is P&L motorsports , they seem to be pricey no options for resonators & looks like they have drone issue.

Any thoughts /suggestion/recommendations will be appreciated .

Thank You
EDIT: I just saw that you also posted over on the M57 section. You will find the various options over there.

As for the down pipe and exhaust, there are several options. You mentioned Buzzken for the down pipe. Bohl Diesel Perfoemance also makes a down pipe (that is the one I have). Unobtanium out of Canada also has a down pipe and does the full exhaust.

PROFI offers a turbo-back system (down pipe and exhaust) shipped from Europe. Several have installed and like it.

There is a diesel owner who has a local shop near him that does the 335d exhaust. If you look on the diesel thread you will see him. Send him a PM and he can provide the latest pricing for the exhaust. There is also a video posted by ASBSECU E93 with that exhaust. See link:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...45&postcount=7

Another cheaper option is to gut the front section of the DPF and the gut the SCR. You will have only left the DOC (backside of the DPF canister).

You will also want to block the EGR. AA Rodriguez has a solution for that as does the diesel owner with the local shop contact.

PM me and we can talk further.

Last edited by rulonger; 01-23-2017 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 02:28 PM   #4
defjam90
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulonger View Post
EDIT: I just saw that you also posted over on the M57 section. You will find the various options over there.

As for the down pipe and exhaust, there are several options. You mentioned Buzzken for the down pipe. Bohl Diesel Perfoemance also makes a down pipe (that is the one I have). Unobtanium out of Canada also has a down pipe and does the full exhaust.

PROFI offers a turbo-back system (down pipe and exhaust) shipped from Europe. Several have installed and like it.

There is a diesel owner who has a local shop near him that does the 335d exhaust. If you look on the diesel thread you will see him. Send him a PM and he can provide the latest pricing for the exhaust. There is also a video posted by ASBSECU E93 with that exhaust. See link:

Another cheaper option is to gut the front section of the DPF and the gut the SCR. You will have only left the DOC (backside of the DPF canister).

You will also want to block the EGR. AA Rodriguez has a solution for that as does the diesel owner with the local shop contact.

Thanks for the help. will PM you .
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 01:22 PM   #5
Kyle335D
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by defjam90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rulonger View Post

Thanks for the help. will PM you .
Just got a quote from profi 1100 shipped for the turboback. They respond quickly on Facebook messenger.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 08:45 AM   #6
335d_NYC
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Blocked DPF in 335d in NYC

Very new at this DPF issues.

2011 335d with 134k miles, rides well with a lot of replacement parts. Now, DPF is fully blocked (lots local driving)- goes to limp mode during acceleration and faint dust comes out of the back of the engine, near the firewall. I would prefer not to deal with smell or smoke issues after a delete, if these are significant problems.

Seeking advice from experts here:

-Should I do DPF/EGR/SCR deletes with a remap?
-Should I replace the blocked DPF with a new one?
-Is it possible to keep the DPF and do only an EGR delete? Still need a remap for only the EGR delete? Any benefits?
-Any experts/shops in NY area that I can take the car to for evaluations/work to be done?

Thank you all.
Appreciate 0