E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Walnut Blasting (CenCal)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-31-2021, 01:25 AM   #1
Nex_Gen
2007 335i M-Tech Space Grey
5
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i M Spec
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: CenCal

iTrader: (0)

Walnut Blasting (CenCal)

Anybody have recommendations for walnut blasting service in Central Cali? I know SoCal has many with great prices, but driving 3+ hours for it seems a little too much; not to mention the challenges of arranging it to be done within a day. Along with the fact that nobody may want to touch a car that's just been driven multiple hours.

Would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sai
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 10:58 PM   #2
hybrid90
Lieutenant
hybrid90's Avatar
139
Rep
511
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i w/M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Santa Maria, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Where exactly in Central Cal? I live in Santa Maria (Northern Santa Barbara County) and drove to Rob @ Speed Logic in Fullerton (3hrs, 180 miles). I was there @ 10AM. He performed the Walnut Blast, changed the coils and a couple of other maintenance items and still had me back on the road by 1PM. Call/message him and he'll def take care of you.
__________________

2016 340i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 12:49 PM   #3
BrutalN54
Cool Guy
United_States
21
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: 2008 e92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sin-Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex_Gen View Post
Anybody have recommendations for walnut blasting service in Central Cali? I know SoCal has many with great prices, but driving 3+ hours for it seems a little too much; not to mention the challenges of arranging it to be done within a day. Along with the fact that nobody may want to touch a car that's just been driven multiple hours.

Would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sai
Where u from? If u bring it to me, I'll do it for $200 and have it done within 3 hours.. no warranty/guarantee on work but I WILL get it done, that's for sure lol

so what's the verdict? U gna trust me or someone else to do it? OR u gna just nut up n buy the tools needed and perform this easy ass job urself?? Lol I think u should just do it urself..

I performed my own walnut blast only 5 months into my n54 ownership.. it's too easy.. just make sure u have the valves closed ALL THE WAY on the cylinder ur working on and have the rest taped closed..

The only hard part for me was getting that damn black junction box underneath the intake manifold off.. it took me about 30mins til I finally found a knife thin enough to slide into the slots to pull the box off.. everything else was a cake walk
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 09:49 PM   #4
Nex_Gen
2007 335i M-Tech Space Grey
5
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i M Spec
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: CenCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalN54 View Post
Where u from? If u bring it to me, I'll do it for $200 and have it done within 3 hours.. no warranty/guarantee on work but I WILL get it done, that's for sure lol

so what's the verdict? U gna trust me or someone else to do it? OR u gna just nut up n buy the tools needed and perform this easy ass job urself?? Lol I think u should just do it urself..

I performed my own walnut blast only 5 months into my n54 ownership.. it's too easy.. just make sure u have the valves closed ALL THE WAY on the cylinder ur working on and have the rest taped closed..

The only hard part for me was getting that damn black junction box underneath the intake manifold off.. it took me about 30mins til I finally found a knife thin enough to slide into the slots to pull the box off.. everything else was a cake walk
I'm in Fresno.

I'm too damn lazy to do it. Simple as that. I'm also wondering why all these shops in Central Cali are quoting me nothing south of $800 for this service if it was as quick and easy as you say it is. You have any pics of the work you've done? How many times have you done it?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 09:54 PM   #5
Nex_Gen
2007 335i M-Tech Space Grey
5
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i M Spec
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: CenCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid90 View Post
Where exactly in Central Cal? I live in Santa Maria (Northern Santa Barbara County) and drove to Rob @ Speed Logic in Fullerton (3hrs, 180 miles). I was there @ 10AM. He performed the Walnut Blast, changed the coils and a couple of other maintenance items and still had me back on the road by 1PM. Call/message him and he'll def take care of you.
I'm in Fresno. My drive to Fullerton is probably 4ish hours depending on traffic. That's a sweetass time to get in and out all things considered. I might just consider it.
Appreciate 1
hybrid90138.50
      04-21-2021, 07:24 PM   #6
jpimienta123
New Member
6
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 2012 e93 bmw 335i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Could try Performance Dynamics in Santa Clara, think they charge around the $350 range. Might be less of a drive than going to Fullerton. The only downside is it's a popular shop and it may take some time to get in. Here's the website, just fill out a work request and they'll get you set up. https://www.performancedynamicsj.com/contact
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2021, 09:10 AM   #7
Nex_Gen
2007 335i M-Tech Space Grey
5
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i M Spec
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: CenCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpimienta123 View Post
Could try Performance Dynamics in Santa Clara, think they charge around the $350 range. Might be less of a drive than going to Fullerton. The only downside is it's a popular shop and it may take some time to get in. Here's the website, just fill out a work request and they'll get you set up. https://www.performancedynamicsj.com/contact
Thanks for the rec. Drive is definitely more convenient with this alternative all things considered.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 09:19 PM   #8
BMW-SRT
First Lieutenant
United_States
146
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: C63sAMG,x5m,335i,Z4,RangeRover
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cen-Cal

iTrader: (0)

I live in fresno also... this shop is in fresno, he charges $260 which is about average.
This is his insta https://instagram.com/bavarian_autow...=117uh87h8ss4i

This is another good euro shop in fresno you can check out https://instagram.com/hrmotorwerks?igshid=q5pr4llk7upx
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 01:45 PM   #9
Nex_Gen
2007 335i M-Tech Space Grey
5
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i M Spec
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: CenCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-SRT View Post
I live in fresno also... this shop is in fresno, he charges $260 which is about average.
This is his insta https://instagram.com/bavarian_autow...=117uh87h8ss4i

This is another good euro shop in fresno you can check out https://instagram.com/hrmotorwerks?igshid=q5pr4llk7upx
This is amazing. Helluva price too. My Google searches didn't bring them up. Thanks for the suggestions mate. Walnut blast here we come.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST