E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Private BMW mechanic?

06-02-2017, 06:39 AM   #1
tadaska
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 320D ES

Private BMW mechanic?

I am looking to have a new DMF and clutch fitted. Also gearbox oil change and seal replacement. I bought all parts and lubricants just need some one to do it. Not because I am looking for cheap labour (I am happy to pay whatever is appropriate) but because I want to be there when it's done so I can see it done and also inspect the car's underbelly to see what state it is and what else might need attention. I do DIY my cars where I can and am more than capable to give a hand where needed. It was going to be done this week with a mechanic I used to use some years ago before I moved to a different town (he doesn't mind me hanging around). I had this whole week off work and he was going to make room for me so I can come in the morning and we get it done. But he ended up with a car stuck on the ramp and couldn't do mine... Now with me back at work from next week I have a feeling it will be even harder to get him to do it as he will prioritise cars that are left at his garage for as long as it is needed.

I know it's a long shot but if anyone on this forum has the necessary equipment and experience to do this job then give me a shout. I don't mind if I have to drive a longer distance as long as we can arrange it a few days in advance so I can ask for a day off and leave early in the morning.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0