E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Match Up 7BMW settings

08-25-2018, 03:49 PM   #1
SEE90
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 328i sedan monaco blue

Match Up 7BMW settings

I have Morel Virtus 402s and Jehnert 8s with recently installed Match Up 7BMW that replaces my JL 600/6. Sound stage is by far better than the JL 600/6 with my amateur adjustment to filters, phase, slope and eq. I was wondering if there is any location to download settings other users have made with these speakers on an e90. Seems like this setup is very forgiving because most of the adjustments I've made sound good. However, since I have no experience in DSP like this I'd like to see what other users or pros have done with this amp. I downloaded the files from Audiotec Fishers site and they are optimized for center channel with oem speakers. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 06:23 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

First time I have seen that amp/dsp combo mentioned here.
82 and 86dsp seems to be the last thing mentioned.
The following links contain some of a 14 part ytube series that tell
you how to set up a DSP and some other DSP related threads.
This is essentially the same procedure outlined on the Helix DSP Site.

DSP

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1384218
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1383653
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1381697
Appreciate 1
SEE908.50
      08-25-2018, 09:18 PM   #3
SEE90
Private
Rep

Thanks, ctuna. I've actually seen all of these videos but don't have his REW setup. I bought a Dayton mic and used the RTA app for iPhone and made adjustments on the fly. Seems like I'll get one thing fixed but then cause another issue. These are all subtle probs I can deal with because it still sounds good. I'm not sure how accurate that mic is or the method I'm using of just cutting peaks on the fly. I've got a pretty good time alignment. I have a preset with Jehnerts at 260hz and Morels at 250hz which sounds great. Also have a preset with the Morels at 111hz and Jehnerts at 150Hz which sounds great as well. I did minor eq on both. I've seen a couple of post in other BMW forums where people were sharing presets. Was seeing if anybody in the e90 section had any... maybe from using the Helix microphone instead of this $20 Dayton.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 09:40 PM   #4
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep

I have your previous setup .
Morel Dotechs and Jehnert floors XE200 and xd 600 still a
great setup.

I though Helix had an RTA sound program on there site now.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 10:13 PM   #5
SEE90
Private
Rep

Yeah that is a good setup but my JL has a channel that went bad so I upgraded. It's amazing how much difference that tiny Match amp can make.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 07:50 PM   #6
chiefofalldribblers
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i Graphite

Hi SEE90, not alot of hits on google apart from yours for the E90x with the Match Up 7BMW setup - i have standard HIFI and like the sound just wanted more punch - i think this amp has everything i need and more - just cant find a profile for the E92 coupe - sorry to get on this ancient thread - how did you get on on your search any leads on a good profile for the 7BMW in a E92?
Looks like the profiles on the Audiotec Fischer site are for F Series with the centre speaker - is this something i should be trying to disablle in the DSP - i have the amp and GT profile but much less punch than HIFI amp previously as standard - subs seem not be on - Any ideas mate....
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 03:00 AM   #7
SEE90
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefofalldribblers View Post
Hi SEE90, not alot of hits on google apart from yours for the E90x with the Match Up 7BMW setup - i have standard HIFI and like the sound just wanted more punch - i think this amp has everything i need and more - just cant find a profile for the E92 coupe - sorry to get on this ancient thread - how did you get on on your search any leads on a good profile for the 7BMW in a E92?
Looks like the profiles on the Audiotec Fischer site are for F Series with the centre speaker - is this something i should be trying to disablle in the DSP - i have the amp and GT profile but much less punch than HIFI amp previously as standard - subs seem not be on - Any ideas mate....
Cheers
I found the profiles useless. Just played around until I found what I liked. Mostly listen with no time alignment. 115 hp morel hybrids at -3.5, 160lp Jehnerts +3.5 with sub expansion on 0db, total gain 5 in I/O. -9 rears (stock) at 250hp. Have the Morel crossover at 0 dB and in the eq I have 2000 and up at -1db. Crystal clear full sound. Sound ridiculously good. Wish I could get time alignment to sound good with passive crossover but I'm not sure I'll ever get it right.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 01:17 AM   #8
SEE90
Private
Rep

Quote:
Cheers
I found the profiles useless. Just played around until I found what I liked. Mostly listen with no time alignment. 115 hp morel hybrids at -3.5, 160lp Jehnerts +3.5 with sub expansion on 0db, total gain 5 in I/O. -9 rears (stock) at 250hp. Have the Morel crossover at 0 dB and in the eq I have 2000 and up at -1db. Crystal clear full sound. Sound ridiculously good. Wish I could get time alignment to sound good with passive crossover but I'm not sure I'll ever get it right.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 10:29 AM   #9
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep

It should be easy to get a base time alignment just measure
and input the distances.
To move the sound stage around you will need a mike and look
at few of the 14 part video's
I believe Helix provides all the software necessary.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 01:10 PM   #10
SEE90
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
It should be easy to get a base time alignment just measure
and input the distances.
To move the sound stage around you will need a mike and look
at few of the 14 part video's
I believe Helix provides all the software necessary.
Yeah I followed those videos and have a mic. It was always close but something is always just a bit off. I think it just has to do with not being active tweets.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 02:17 PM   #11
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep

at the end of those video's the guy tells how to make the final fine
tuning adjustments.

Also might depend on how good each of your ears is working .
Mine aren't that good anymore.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 06:20 PM   #12
ns11jat
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 320D 2012

E92 UP7BMW

Quote:
Cheers
Hi there. Long shot but did you have any luck finding a suitable UP7BMW sound set up for the E92 coupe? Just fitted it in today and the sound set up for the F30 cabrio just doesn't sound right. The treble was terrible! I hope you have some good news.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 12:26 AM   #13
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep

Do you have some aftermarket speakers.
you will need them to get the most out anything aftermarket.
Less punch there is definalty something wrong the power is about 4 to
6 times as much depending on speaker location.
Hi Fi amp is so weak.
Are you running power wire to the amp from the battery, 04 recomended, if not you are constricting the power.
The power wire in the harness would be constricting.
Plus you have to be willing to tune this thing to get the most out of it.

Last edited by ctuna; 06-22-2020 at 12:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 01:57 AM   #14
PORTMOODY
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coal Roller

I'm also considering getting this same amp/dsp. I got a joying head unit and it has a digital audio out. I wanted to start with this amp/dsp and then work my way through the speakers. I wonder if we added a center speaker if the f30 profile would then be useful in our cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 02:12 AM   #15
SEE90
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns11jat View Post
Quote:
Cheers
Hi there. Long shot but did you have any luck finding a suitable UP7BMW sound set up for the E92 coupe? Just fitted it in today and the sound set up for the F30 cabrio just doesn't sound right. The treble was terrible! I hope you have some good news.

Cheers
I have come to continuously adjust the sound ever since I bought it looking for that perfect setup to my ears. I've learned that this can change from day to day and can always make it sound better depending on allergies, sinus pressure or whatever natural subtle changes I hear. I've come to actually enjoy that process quite a bit, just to see how different Xover points and eq settings sound. I bought a Dayton audio calibrated mic, the cheap one, and used the built in RTA. I was able to get a lot of good setups by running that and then adjusting by ear. I'm not sure if I will ever really stop playing around with it.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 01:13 PM   #16
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE90 View Post
I have come to continuously adjust the sound ever since I bought it looking for that perfect setup to my ears. I've learned that this can change from day to day and can always make it sound better depending on allergies, sinus pressure or whatever natural subtle changes I hear. I've come to actually enjoy that process quite a bit, just to see how different Xover points and eq settings sound. I bought a Dayton audio calibrated mic, the cheap one, and used the built in RTA. I was able to get a lot of good setups by running that and then adjusting by ear. I'm not sure if I will ever really stop playing around with it.
I've always used the analogy of a great tune being like a gourmet meal. You know it when you taste/hear it, but you simply can't do the cooking/tuning yourself. That's why for a gourmet meal, you go to a 5-star restaurant, and for a great tune, you let a professional do it. If you can live with your own "cooking", and enjoy doing it, then go ahead, but be conscious of the fact that you are not tasting/hearing the absolute best that could be.
      06-23-2020, 01:25 PM   #17
ns11jat
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 320D 2012

Quote:
That is exactly whats happening with me. I downloaded the F30 Limousine tune from the audiotec fischer website and started to tweak the settings. I keep thinking it sounds great and then the next time I start up the car it sounds mediocre at best. Not sure where or even IF I'll be able to get the perfect tune for this amp as most of the posts seems to be for the F series. Meanwhile I'm thinking about adding in an active sub to get a bit more out of the lower frequency
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 02:33 PM   #18
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
I've always used the analogy of a great tune being like a gourmet meal. You know it when you taste/hear it, but you simply can't do the cooking/tuning yourself. That's why for a gourmet meal, you go to a 5-star restaurant, and for a great tune, you let a professional do it. If you can live with your own "cooking", and enjoy doing it, then go ahead, but be conscious of the fact that you are not tasting/hearing the absolute best that could be.
I'm usually pretty happy with my own tuning. I don't like to cook though.

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 04:18 PM   #19
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep

But 6spcoupe you are a professional

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 04:38 PM   #20
SEE90
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I have no doubts about this and want to eventually compare with a pro tune. I just haven't made the time to find someone since I've moved.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 04:43 PM   #21
SEE90
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe View Post
Quote:
I'm usually pretty happy with my own tuning. I don't like to cook though.
I have come a long way since you originally got me up and running with that match amp I got from you. I've been tempted to buy/try those Jehnert Doors. The under seats are still going strong.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 04:44 PM   #22
SEE90
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
He's like Blue Apron or Hello Fresh of car audio.
Appreciate 0