E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Transferring Ultimate Care+ and Extended Warranty?

07-12-2023, 05:02 AM   #1
Wayfarer808
Rep
Drives: 22 G05 40i

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Purchased my first BMW last week - used 2022 X5 xDrive 40i w/ M Sport Package with 7k miles. It was a trade in at another manufacturer dealer. So not a CPO or anything.

I was setting up the app and it says the car is covered by Ultimate Care + 2 and what looks like maybe an extended warranty. Screenshot below.

Any recommendations on having these transferred into my name? Can they even be as it was purchased used from a non-BMW dealership? Any benefit contacting the finance department at the BMW dealership where it was purchased by the original owner (still listed as preferred in the app), vs my local BMW dealership?

Thanks in advance
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 10:48 PM   #2
TheDrivenGarage
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 G82, BMW M2 G87 (Order)

The ultimate care + is an extended maintenance program and is linked ot the VIN so you don't have to do anything. It will cover all of your maintenance including brakes! (They paid for that upgrade) for the period listed. This is a nice bonus for you! It would have cost a couple grand to add to the car.
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2023, 12:14 PM   #3
spak888
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C,'07 335xi, '11 335ix

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiomon View Post
The ultimate care + is an extended maintenance program and is linked ot the VIN so you don't have to do anything. It will cover all of your maintenance including brakes! (They paid for that upgrade) for the period listed. This is a nice bonus for you! It would have cost a couple grand to add to the car.
Not exactly true in my case. The seller informed me I had to call BMWUSA to "transfer" the Ultimate Care+ Package to my name. Transferring it was quick and easy. When I went to my local dealer, they had no record of the Ultimate Care+ package attached to my car and they had to make some phone calls but it all got sorted out in about 15 minutes.

It is a nice bonus for sure, as they performed all the "suggested, but not required" maintenance items (like cabin air filter, changing the battery on the remote...etc) on top of the intervaled oil change.
Appreciate 0