E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > SOS error after FRM 2 install

11-27-2018, 06:11 AM   #1
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
SOS error after FRM 2 install

I installed an FRM 2 module last night. Before programming an SOS error popped up. I coded it out in the Kombi after I ran the new module thru WinKFP & NCS Exoert. Still having issues, no SOS error showing on the Kombi but I have no sound in my radio. So, I think the Amp is not communicating w/ the radio because of the SOS error.

Do I remove SOS From the VO of the car or do I reprogram that module ?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 12:09 AM   #2
lucasmiller2015
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
I installed an FRM 2 module last night. Before programming an SOS error popped up. I coded it out in the Kombi after I ran the new module thru WinKFP & NCS Exoert. Still having issues, no SOS error showing on the Kombi but I have no sound in my radio. So, I think the Amp is not communicating w/ the radio because of the SOS error.

I got an SOS error after installing my FRM3 because I forgot to plug a cable back in that connects to a thing on the trim piece that goes between the pedals and steering wheel. Plugging that in cleared the error for me.

Do you have ISTA/D (Rheingold) to scan all modules for fault codes? If not, you can download it from bimmergeeks.net

Previous: 2011 E90 335i | Black Sapphire Metallic | 2007 E90 335i | Monaco Blue Metallic
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 09:07 AM   #3
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasmiller2015 View Post
Quote:

I got an SOS error after installing my FRM3 because I forgot to plug a cable back in that connects to a thing on the trim piece that goes between the pedals and steering wheel. Plugging that in cleared the error for me.

Do you have ISTA/D (Rheingold) to scan all modules for fault codes? If not, you can download it from bimmergeeks.net
Dude your are a life saver!!!! I went back and re-traced by steps. Sure enough the MOST connector attached to the panel underneath the steering column was disconnected. Ridiculous really!!! But Crisis averted !!!!

Curious? Did you go from FRM 2 to 3? What's the difference?
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2018, 11:18 AM   #4
lucasmiller2015
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dude your are a life saver!!!! I went back and re-traced by steps. Sure enough the MOST connector attached to the panel underneath the steering column was disconnected. Ridiculous really!!! But Crisis averted !!!!

I went from FRM1 to 3 on my '07 (previous car). From what I've heard, 2 and 3 are fairly similar.

Previous: 2011 E90 335i | Black Sapphire Metallic | 2007 E90 335i | Monaco Blue Metallic
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 04:41 AM   #5
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I went from FRM1 to 3 on my '07 (previous car). From what I've heard, 2 and 3 are fairly similar.
Difference is Follow Me Home lights function.

Added benefit that LCI cars were designed with almost all bulbs on the exterior were leds.