E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > CODERS E90 E91 E92 E93 in UK

01-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #243
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GINDO View Post
Hi makkan00, has any body managed to code the key fob on a 12 plate convertable to close the Roof + Open it ??
thanks in advance
Gindo (Paul )
Paul
BMW has done some encryption on E93 (post 2007) so that only cars with comfort access can have this option.

You could get it coded to open with the keyfob, but no option to close it by keyfob.

Only E93 with original software (2007 or before) can be coded to open / close the roof.

HTH.
      01-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #244
GINDO
Private
England
Rep
Drives: bmw x1

ok thanks for the info,A bit of advice would this work ?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E93-Co...item1e7692bf79
Thanks In Advance
Paul

Last edited by GINDO; 01-25-2013 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #245
RSM
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
I guess with FRM1, it would be difficult to run the wires from FRM. And it has the most value to code for retrofit LCI tail lights.

It is supposed the take out the equiliser settings out of the HU and give the amp flat clean signals. You get decent sound. Unfortunately BMW bussiness radio cannot be coded to hi-fi. So you do not have much choise here.
Would it still be do able to code the car so the other lights are not active when the sidelights are on then? Don't fancy having three lots of taillights

I guess I will still be running the wires to the rear lights, I haven't read of any the Germans having problems but I will definitely keep an eye on the wiring.

I have seen frm2's for sale on ebay but finding one that plugs into my car and just works with what I have would be a problem I guess. Ideally want to get it working with the frm that I currently have.

I fix HGV vehicles and use quite alot of diagnostic equipment but all this coding of the BMW goes way over my head lol
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 04:26 AM   #246
sohlman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330iSE

Yesterday i had my car coded by makkan00. Great guy and we chatted for ages.

Please see the video result of Brake Force Display

01-26-2013, 05:10 AM   #247
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman View Post

Many thanks for the video James. I must say that I learnt a lot from you and your multi-directional talent.

Looking forward to your sound system installation.
      01-26-2013, 05:12 AM   #248
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GINDO View Post
ok thanks for the info,A bit of advice would this work ?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E93-Co...item1e7692bf79
Thanks In Advance
Paul
Paul
Never tried those things. I could not download the installation manual. Worth of asking the seller to provide you a valid link for installation manual and have a look how difficult is that to install.
      01-26-2013, 05:20 AM   #249
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSM View Post
Would it still be do able to code the car so the other lights are not active when the sidelights are on then? Don't fancy having three lots of taillights
The solution to that is 'correct wiring' or use adaptors.

Quote:
I guess I will still be running the wires to the rear lights, I haven't read of any the Germans having problems but I will definitely keep an eye on the wiring.
I agree with you on that and I do not think Germans would do that, if there was a risk. But good to keep an eye on the temperature of license plate lights wiring.

Quote:
I have seen frm2's for sale on ebay but finding one that plugs into my car and just works with what I have would be a problem I guess. Ideally want to get it working with the frm that I currently have.
Stick with FRM1 at the moment. Go for FRM2 only if all methods of retrofit these tail lights fail.

Quote:
I fix HGV vehicles and use quite alot of diagnostic equipment but all this coding of the BMW goes way over my head lol
I must say that although BMW made everything so complicated, but they also gave us plenty of options for codings and retrofits. Coding is not difficult but it requires a hell lot of time to learn and do it without damaging anything.
      01-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #250
RSM
Rep

Quote:
The solution to that is 'correct wiring' or use adaptors.

I agree with you on that and I do not think Germans would do that, if there was a risk. But good to keep an eye on the temperature of license plate lights wiring.

Stick with FRM1 at the moment. Go for FRM2 only if all methods of retrofit these tail lights fail.

I must say that although BMW made everything so complicated, but they also gave us plenty of options for codings and retrofits. Coding is not difficult but it requires a hell lot of time to learn and do it without damaging anything.

Thanks for your replies, Light will hopefully be arriving today, although time is getting on so probably end up being delivered Monday.

Last night I found a couple of threads on the coding out of the tail lights, but it meant nothing to me. How much do you charge on average for coding?

I understand you may not want to publicly display this so I understand if you don't want to post it on here.

Was looking at your retrofit of the Kufatec system and I recognize that you live just down the road from me, its a small world,that's probably why I have seen your car a few times in the area. There is a distinct lack of modified BMW's in the area, mainly VW Golfs.

Many thanks , Rob
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #251
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for your replies, Light will hopefully be arriving today, although time is getting on so probably end up being delivered Monday.

Last night I found a couple of threads on the coding out of the tail lights, but it meant nothing to me. How much do you charge on average for coding?

I understand you may not want to publicly display this so I understand if you don't want to post it on here.

Was looking at your retrofit of the Kufatec system and I recognize that you live just down the road from me, its a small world,that's probably why I have seen your car a few times in the area. There is a distinct lack of modified BMW's in the area, mainly VW Golfs.

Many thanks , Rob
Rob
You will need to give yourself good time to fit these and run wires to them.
Also check the wiring arrangments, if you have not bought the adaptors yet.

I agree with you as most of the modified cars are VW golfs in here.

Sent you a pm for rest of the details.
      01-26-2013, 06:41 AM   #252
RSM
Rep

With regard to adaptors are there any that can be bought to convert pre lci to lci?
I have a guide from the internet which shows undoing the casing of the plugs and swapping the wires so they fit the facelift headlights, then I need to wire the feed to the plug for led's. Its wiring in the feed that will take the time, however the guide from 1addicts that you linked me to shows the wiring that is needed to take the feed from.

And thanks for pm, I can use pm to message you now so I don't clog this thread up going on about my rear lights.

thanks, Rob
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #253
sylonien
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman View Post

Please see the video result of Brake Force Display

That is so cool.

I want it. But doesn't the newer LCI ones flash all the break lights?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #254
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylonien View Post
That is so cool.

I want it. But doesn't the newer LCI ones flash all the break lights?
I'm not sure on that. Can somebody kindly confirm it?
I've seen few M3s on the track having this by default or possibly activated by coding but I have not seen it on normal 3 series having these by default.
      01-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #255
drZ
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: black sapphire e92

Hi guys..anyone know of coders in the republic of ireland, especially in the southern counties? and if not can anyone shine some light in terms of LCI tail lights retrofitting?
I have found a garage locally who has autologic facilities but they have informed me that the car needs to be read and then findings sent to autologic and then a solution will be emailed back by autologic..but I have read in the past that the LCI retrofit solution is not something officially provided by the company so they might not give/have the solution..right now I have a bulb error warning and fast blinking signals plus my welcome lights (drl+tails) are not constantly lighting up upon unlocking the door..any help appreciated..

ps I do apologise if this topic has been discussed in this thread but I havent read the whole thread..
You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake son.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #256
sylonien
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3

Do you reckon this can be coded to my M3 by any chance? Looks very cool when its flashing. Seen couple of track videos like you said where it flashes under hard braking.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #257
335DEE
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT

Quote:
I'm not sure on that. Can somebody kindly confirm it?
I've seen few M3s on the track having this by default or possibly activated by coding but I have not seen it on normal 3 series having these by default.
I guess this should be in it's own thread ..

After coding BFD for me this evening My pre LCI e92 there are 2 Levels of BFD
I am only referring to FRM(1) FRM 2&3 on later cars are configured slightly differently

Heavy Braking but no ABS = Level 1
ABS = Level 2

As standard, Level 1 was activated on my car and only lit the fogs.

You can definitely code Flashing 3rd light on level 1 ( couldn't seem to do anything more)

You can code flashing 3rd light, fogs and brake lights on level 2

It is worth pointing out that as soon as you take your foot off the brake the flashing stops. It also times out after 30 secs if you keep your foot in.

The video below is a Level 1 stop, the foot was kept on the brake for demonstration purposes and I have no idea of the actual deceleration rate that triggers Level 1 .. from the video .. it doesn't see like a whole lot
You can't appear to change the frequency of the flashing on the FRM1 . You may be able to change some PWM setting somewhere.

FRM 2&3 modules i think have a dedicated frequency setting.

Last edited by 335DEE; 01-27-2013 at 01:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #258
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drZ View Post
Hi guys..anyone know of coders in the republic of ireland, especially in the southern counties? and if not can anyone shine some light in terms of LCI tail lights retrofitting?
I have found a garage locally who has autologic facilities but they have informed me that the car needs to be read and then findings sent to autologic and then a solution will be emailed back by autologic..but I have read in the past that the LCI retrofit solution is not something officially provided by the company so they might not give/have the solution..right now I have a bulb error warning and fast blinking signals plus my welcome lights (drl+tails) are not constantly lighting up upon unlocking the door..any help appreciated..

ps I do apologise if this topic has been discussed in this thread but I havent read the whole thread..
BMW actually facilitate retrofits and make retrofit kits.
There is a retrofit cable adaptor and there is a sepcific code for the dealer to do it. Your dealer may not have done it or may not be willing to do it as they may not have done it.

If you have retrofitted LCI tail lights, you will need to re arrange the wiring for the lights on your boot trunk or buy adaptors from the dealer.
Once that is done, then take it to the garage who has autologic.
As far as Autologic is concerned, ask them to turn the rear bulb checks OFF.

And that should do the job.
      01-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #259
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylonien View Post
Do you reckon this can be coded to my M3 by any chance? Looks very cool when its flashing. Seen couple of track videos like you said where it flashes under hard braking.
I'm not sure where you live and what module you have.
Its a job of reading, writing, trying, editing, trying, re-editing, re-trying and so on....

If you are living 10-15 minutes drive from my place, it is worth of trying and if not, then sorry. Not worthy.
      01-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #260
S109
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e91 330d M Sport

Big thanks to Makkan for coding my hi-fi upgrade yesterday... the difference in quality & clarity is amazing! Great to meet up with you...
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #261
S114HED
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 320i M Sport - 2009

Bosch S6 AGM

Hi,

Can someone code a new Bosch S6 battery to be compatible with the start and stop function? If so what's the damage £?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #262
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S109 View Post
Big thanks to Makkan for coding my hi-fi upgrade yesterday... the difference in quality & clarity is amazing! Great to meet up with you...
Thanks for the feedback mate. It was nice to meet you.
I may send you pm to ask you the details of BT kit which you had as it worked out really well after hi-fi coding.
      01-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #263
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S114HED View Post
Hi,

Can someone code a new Bosch S6 battery to be compatible with the start and stop function? If so what's the damage £?

Cheers
Is the battery not compatible with your car?
      01-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #264
drZ
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: black sapphire e92

Hey mak..thanks for the info..will try dealership..I have fitted the kit as they came from another member who did the same, so came with adaptors etc..will update when sorted..thanks again..
You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake son.
Appreciate 0