E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > M3 parts - Worth it?

01-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #45
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: "The Brothers //M-Sport" E90/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
**********s and AtSpeed have no data on these cars at all and is not a reliable source for this type of info, especially **********s.

I don't know where your info came from(obviously not us), 07/2008 is welded if you have a manual and bolted if you have an auto. The fact is auto was never welded regardless production date.

Dinan started with Quaife, but later switched to Wavetrac since they weren't authorized to sell Quaife. They can build you either auto final drive as both style are available(except for DCT), the fact that they couldn't or don't offer it seem strange to me.
I don't know where they got their info from. I just provided my VIN to both ModB and AS and they both came back saying mine should have been welded. I believe the miscommunication is maybe most people who put out more to have an LSD are manual transmission owners. I'm not sure why that didn't come out when they checked my VIN though. I bolded the part that mattered most to me
      01-31-2012, 10:07 PM   #46
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by E60orBust View Post
I don't know where they got their info from. I just provided my VIN to both ModB and AS and they both came back saying mine should have been welded. I believe the miscommunication is maybe most people who put out more to have an LSD are manual transmission owners. I'm not sure why that didn't come out when they checked my VIN though. I bolded the part that mattered most to me
Again, **********s is not a good source for technical information such as this.

It's always the best idea to check with an authorized dealer.
Appreciate 0