E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Slow Pick Up/ Power Loss After New Fuel Injectors

08-29-2018, 08:40 PM   #1
rshah77
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I E90 2008 170BHP

Garage List
2009 BMW 330I  [0.00]
Slow Pick Up/ Power Loss After New Fuel Injectors

Hello, I am fairly new to the forum so please do excuse me if I have no put in any information that may be needed but I will try and explain in as much detail as I can.

I had a problem previously in the car which I got a check engine light, misfire in cyclner 2. I changed all the spark plugs and coils. After 2 weeks I got another check engine light that came on and off, then one day tried to start the car and would start but then turn off.

Took it to the garage and they said it was the fuel injectors, I have replaced 2 fuel injectors and car starts and runs. However I feel that is has lost a bit of power, in gear one doesnt seem to pick up as much. I have also noticed a smell of fuel or something from the exhaust when I start the car? This may be from before I got the injectors changed as it was smoking from the exhaust.

I have a BMW 320I E90 2008. Please I have seen all the comments of get rid of the car and go for a 228 and all of that, I just want some friendly advise on this please.

Thank You

Last edited by rshah77; 08-29-2018 at 11:18 PM..
Appreciate 0