E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Bmw Servicing Melbourne

06-09-2020, 05:21 AM   #1
michaelrosano
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E93 2008

Bmw Servicing Melbourne

Hi everyone, I've got a BMW 2008 325i E93 with 150,000 km on the clock. I've had it serviced at a few places over the 8 years that I've owned it from the dealership to smaller independent mechanics.

After my last visit to the dealership the car was not running well at all....it was struggling to start the next day and found that they did not not screw the oil cap on properly after I had driven back to the dealership the next day to find out what was going on....I mean if your going to pay a premium price for a basic service then surely the job should be done properly!!

Would be keen to hear where everyone gets their cars serviced in Melbourne by someone who is reliable, well priced and will actually do a good job
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 07:29 AM   #2
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrosano View Post
Hi everyone, I've got a BMW 2008 325i E93 with 150,000 km on the clock. I've had it serviced at a few places over the 8 years that I've owned it from the dealership to smaller independent mechanics.

After my last visit to the dealership the car was not running well at all....it was struggling to start the next day and found that they did not not screw the oil cap on properly after I had driven back to the dealership the next day to find out what was going on....I mean if your going to pay a premium price for a basic service then surely the job should be done properly!!

Would be keen to hear where everyone gets their cars serviced in Melbourne by someone who is reliable, well priced and will actually do a good job
Most people avoid dealerships because they are overpriced and the quality of work is often pretty poor

There are a few indy mechanics around town, but many work on all types of cars and while they can work on BMWs, they are not experts

There are a handful good indy shops around town, but Jin at Eastern BM has been working on and around E9x for years and is the go to shop in Melbourne imo
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 10:36 PM   #3
jard
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Hey Michael, where abouts in Melbourne are you based? Someone here might be able to give you a more local mechanic recommendation if that is what you are after.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 02:59 AM   #4
michaelrosano
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jard View Post
Hey Michael, where abouts in Melbourne are you based? Someone here might be able to give you a more local mechanic recommendation if that is what you are after.
I'm in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne....have used BM Tech before in Canterbury, they seem to be similar pricing to most BMW dealerships. I once took the car to active motorwerk in Burwood!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 03:00 AM   #5
michaelrosano
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Most people avoid dealerships because they are overpriced and the quality of work is often pretty poor

There are a few indy mechanics around town, but many work on all types of cars and while they can work on BMWs, they are not experts

There are a handful good indy shops around town, but Jin at Eastern BM has been working on and around E9x for years and is the go to shop in Melbourne imo
No problem will check him out.....did he use to run Active Motorwerke in Burwood?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 05:06 AM   #6
jard
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Jin is probably the closest that I know of for you, however, I have had a good experience with EB Prestige in Clayton and Westprestige in Cheltenham, both ex BMW techs.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 08:50 AM   #7
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrosano View Post
No problem will check him out.....did he use to run Active Motorwerke in Burwood?
Jin worked on my car when I use to take it to Active back in 2015

That's where I first met him

I think Active was run by a guy called Steve from memory

Jin opened his own shop a while back, as I said imo he is the best indy in town
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 11:06 AM   #8
naenae
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i DCT FBO

Kaleel at Worx Automotive in Reservoir. Ex BMW master mechanic
Appreciate 0