E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > airbag light help

08-02-2020, 04:10 AM   #1
Streetlegal13
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Angry airbag light help

Hello,

so heres a little backstory, bought the car back in october of last year and i was rear ended in november, had some insurance problems with the other party, got it fixed at autonation in USA

when i got rear ended i got the airbag ccid 97 light and seatbelt light (both red and the airbag light is fucking annoying). The code ended up being the headrests but they didnt look deployed.

-- codes cleared --

fast forward to 3 days ago, I guess i had closed the door too hard or something while I left the car on and when I came back to the car i had the seatbelt and airbag light. I tried to clear the codes using ista and inpa and they wont clear, its not like they clear and come back either, they just stay there. code reads mrs left head restraint but they both look the same.

cant find any information on this issue. thank you for your time.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 12:02 PM   #2
cabmwdrive
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

The shop you got your car fixed for the accident didn’t clear the codes for you?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 06:52 PM   #3
Streetlegal13
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabmwdrive View Post
The shop you got your car fixed for the accident didn’t clear the codes for you?
they got cleared but the codes came back. I dont know what the codes are before. also my car has never been in an accident. im still good friends with the previous owner
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 11:40 AM   #4
jsunma
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 328iT 6MT RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetlegal13 View Post
they got cleared but the codes came back. I dont know what the codes are before. also my car has never been in an accident. im still good friends with the previous owner
You don't say what year your car is, but there's an issue with cars from the mid-2000s until ___? (google or search this site for threads) where the passenger side front seat mat would become faulty and give you constant airbag codes. I had it in mine (2008), fixed it with a new mat about 6 years ago, and it seems to be coming back again. Although this time it could also be the seatbelt latch side (which also has issues with causing this problem). Lots of threads about the different ways to address this. In some cases/cars, there's a BMW recall to fix it, but it seems to happen to more cars than are covered by the recall.

My guess is that your error has nothing to do with a repair. It was just your car's time to start having this problem. (I agree, the airbag light is truly frickin' annoying)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 07:03 AM   #5
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 & G01

Most likely it's BST battery connector problem. Got the same issue and found out it's the connector issue. Snip off the connector and solder with XT30 connector and that solve the similar problem.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1077369
Appreciate 0