E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > St. Louis, Mo / Southern IL Area Roll Call

04-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #67
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Belleville guy huh?
I am from there, where do you live?
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 05:42 PM   #68
SCRAPY 2
Private
Rep
Drives: 3351

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastman View Post
Belleville guy huh?
I am from there, where do you live?
i live over by the county jail
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 01:28 PM   #69
onefastman
Major General
Rep

You are not too far then, my family is in the signal hil.

Did you sign up for the european car show at frontenac?
The club needs more new cars there.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #70
SCRAPY 2
Private
Rep
Drives: 3351

Quote:
You are not too far then, my family is in the signal hil.

Did you sign up for the european car show at frontenac?
The club needs more new cars there.
no but how can i get in it. i love going to car shows..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 10:39 PM   #71
Mike01ci
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M2 & 03 M5

I would enter if I had the time, but it looks like I have class that morning...
http://www.stleuropeanautoshow.com/E...w/Default.aspx
and
http://www.stlbmwcca.org/
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #72
onefastman
Major General
Rep

What time does your class get done mike?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #73
Mike01ci
First Lieutenant
Rep

The schedule is still "tentative," but it looks like it should be done around 1:00. Again, Sunday classes to study for the Bar = reason #400,000 you should consider anything else...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #74
onefastman
Major General
Rep

Lol, you should still come out after, it should be going untill 4

I wish I could talk my self out of it but it will have to be becuase of a better opportunity, like race car driver
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 09:30 PM   #75
a14lee
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike07i View Post
I have always trusted Spirit West Motor Carriage, which is behind the volvo dealership that is across the street from West Co BMW. They are not affiliated w/ suntrup or the volvo dealership and they do some of the best work in town.
Thanks for the heads up. I ended up using Spirit West. They were 35% cheaper than Autohaus and did a bang up job. They also somehow fixed the creaking that was coming from my front windows when I drove over bumpy roads. Maybe they did a better job of cleaning the seals around the windows than I do on my own?
      04-29-2010, 09:47 AM   #76
Mike01ci
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Lol, you should still come out after, it should be going untill 4

I wish I could talk my self out of it but it will have to be becuase of a better opportunity, like race car driver
Oh, I will def stop by the show. My dad and I have been going to that forever. I remember going in his 1991 SL 500 when it was new! You probably were not even born yet! (joking). Also, some time towards the end of May we are running the m6 (w/ the proper transmission for the motor) v. your car, my money is on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a14lee;
Thanks for the heads up. I ended up using Spirit West. They were 35% cheaper than Autohaus and did a bang up job. They also somehow fixed the creaking that was coming from my front windows when I drove over bumpy roads. Maybe they did a better job of cleaning the seals around the windows than I do on my own?
I am glad you went with Spirit and that it all worked out. I have always found them to be on the pricey side too. Do they still have that raging b*tch estimator, that woman HATES me. Do you have any pictures of their work?

Last edited by Mike01ci; 04-29-2010 at 09:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #77
a14lee
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am glad you went with Spirit and that it all worked out. I have always found them to be on the pricey side too. Do they still have that raging b*tch estimator, that woman HATES me. Do you have any pictures of their work?
The person at Autohaus was an older gentleman.

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the before, I couldn't bear to document the damage to my precious. I will post some pictures of the fixed bumper later.
      04-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #78
onefastman
Major General
Rep

What transmission are you putting in it?!

It will be close but dont tell your dad what I have done to mine as I want it to be a suprise lol. I also ordered a fmic today via ets's GB (really nice price if you want one).

Also, did you decide on the diffuser?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #79
Mike01ci
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
What transmission are you putting in it?!

It will be close but dont tell your dad what I have done to mine as I want it to be a suprise lol. I also ordered a fmic today via ets's GB (really nice price if you want one).

Also, did you decide on the diffuser?
haha, I will say it again: The SMG is the proper gearbox for the S85.

yeah we will have to video it for him, but I am pretty sure he will know what is up, he can notice a huge difference b/w my brother's and mine.

I think I am going to do what you suggested w/ the diffuser. It is worth a shot, but I am going to wait until I am home and done moving etc. So it will probably be June (hopefully he still remembers you). Yeah, I def want a front-mount, but again I have to keep this thing stock as far as anything mechanical is concerned, if I do anything before 50k miles it will have to be Dinan or BMWP. Esp b/c I have had the great joy of limp mode a couple times this month.

Did your pop sound like this?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #80
onefastman
Major General
Rep

I had the exact same thing when I had cats, once you get rid of them the pop goes away but with out your mid pipe cats and stock dp's the pop is kinda embarrassing
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #81
a14lee
Private
United_States
Rep

Any autocrossers?

I signed up for my first event this coming weekend at Gateway International. Anyone else from the forums going? I have never autocrossed before. It will be interesting!
      05-03-2010, 05:21 PM   #82
onefastman
Major General
Rep

It is a blast and a heck of a lot of driving for the money, highly recomended. I would be there but I have a final on monday that I have to study for.

You should come to the meeting tomorrow at autohaus @ 6:30
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #83
a14lee
Private
United_States
Rep

Sorry I missed the meeting. I was at Pearl Jam!

Any tips for a beginning autocrosser? Anyone take an e90 335 out before? I am not really familiar with "fast" driving (I think the fastest I've gone is 90 on the highway, doing my best to save it for the track)
      05-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #84
onefastman
Major General
Rep

Well then you will be in luck because you wont go above 55 there. The saying is go slow to go fast and it is very true. Brake very deep early then turn and go (point and shoot). Ask people there for advice, there is a guy with a blue 135i and a silver (03 maybe) zo6 that are very helpful. I might attend tomorrow but idk because I have a final monday
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #85
stevepoz
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i w/sport package

Quote:
The schedule is still "tentative," but it looks like it should be done around 1:00. Again, Sunday classes to study for the Bar = reason #400,000 you should consider anything else...
Bar review classes bring back some memories. Just remember you only need to be better than the bottom 1/3!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #86
onefastman
Major General
Rep

Get some anchors in there!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2010, 09:47 PM   #87
Fapout
Zwhore Sdrive35i
United_States
Rep
Drives: FORD WINDSTAR MINIVAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADH View Post
My sales experience left a little something to be desired. I mean it was pretty easy for the sales guy - I knew what I wanted and what I felt was a fair offer. Plus my expectations are pretty low.

But he was really hard to get a hold off. I made 2 appts with him. The first one he was not there and the 2nd one I had to wait 25 minutes until he was available. He told me that it would only take 4 weeks for my car to get here from Germany and it took 8 weeks. 8 weeks is the standard and he knew that....

So after I ordered the car I stumbled upon bimmerpost and kept reading about it taking 8+ weeks for the cars to arrive. At week 4 I needed to turn my Lease back into Saab, so I told him he needed to give me a loaner until my car came in or I was cancelling. That was the one thing I felt they went above and beyond on. They gave me an '07 X3 to drive around for a few weeks.

Get this:
He told me that Bluetooth was standard on the Navi package (which it is not and shame on me b/c I should have double checked) so I did not get that and now we are trying to figureout how to get that added. But ultimately I have to blame myself on that.

Lucky for them I had my heart set on the 335 and Love It!
New to the party here. What's up boys!? The name is Tom. Just moved to Brentwood 3 months ago from Florida, was born and raised in Chesterfield though. I'm a moderator on another STL car board which will remain nameless to save some face on here. LOL

I just bought an E92 335xi last week, loving it so far. I see your suntrup bmw story so I thought I'd share mine.

I bought my E92 from Suntrup West County too. They suck serious goat dick. Our salesman was alright even though he showed us and had us test drive the wrong car. We ended up buying a CPO 2008 model at a killer deal. Too bad within days of picking up, I thought it wasn't right. After doing my research I was pretty sure it was the HPFP, the next day, sure enough, i get the service engine soon, half engine light and my car was having trouble starting. Mind you, this is 5 or 6 days after I bought it. I called up Suntrup started talking to my salesman about it and he says "Oh yeah man. That's not right. Let's get you transfered over to service. Service guy Dave Ramsey, who sounds like a drunk and an idiot, tells me after I just told him i bought it a couple of days before this "Oh well you can get in here sometime on wednesday around 11am." I tell him I have to work and can't get away, he then tells me "Well, come in saturday morning." (So let me get this straight, I'm suppose to limp around for a longer time than i have owned in working condition?)

I basically bitch him out and all of a sudden they have post work hours that day and a loaner car for me. Well, I get there right at 5:30 and held up my end of the bargain but they didn't hold up theirs. After standing around for 45 minutes waiting for their only service rep to quit sucking the pole of Panera breads chief real estate VP. They get to me, wouldn't loan me a car because I didn't have insurance cards. (I just bought the thing a week ago, I haven't got any yet.) I tell him that I gave them a copy of the insurance card when I purchased the vehicle. Now I have to wait around another 15 minutes for them to look for my file but alas they can't find it anywhere.

Well you would think they would rectify the situation after I told them "Hey, I'm a car guy. I normally do a lot of my own work and I've researched this and I'm pretty sure the HPFP is going out on it." The service adviser basically brushes me off and says that the computer will know what's wrong with it.

The adviser calls me the next day and tells me my car is ready. He tells me that the computer was throwing up a fuel pressure error code, they reset it and it's fine now. I rush after work to get there to pick up the car before they close. I get in to my car, start heading towards my mother's house and sure enough, the fuel pressure goes out on me and i'm driving a Geo Metro with a BMW badge again. Too bad Suntrup closed at 6 and no one is there to take my call. I call there the next day and leave a message with the secretary to have the GM call me so I can tell him about my experience from start to finish. I still haven't heard from him.

Yesterday my wife dropped the 335 off at Autohaus, they had the loaner car already pulled up and ready for her. I talked ahead of time to Chris Clem and Mike Crader there. Talk about a world of difference. They were friendly, took down all of my notes and concerns. Agreed with me that it was probably the HPFP and even though they couldn't find the code that day, they kept it over night tried again in the morning, replicated the problem and got rid of the 1888 fuel pump and replaced it with the new problem free pump.

I'm sure it's been said here before but Autohaus > West County BMW...

On to the other stuff. This is my new little project. Currently we also have an Infiniti QX56 with 23" Asanti wheels. We have that in case we ever take a wrong turn and end up in north city, we'll have lots of street cred. I also have had an S2000, an Evo and an S60R. Looking forward to get the JB3 on there and currently in the process of trying to make E60 20 offset 19" Forgiatos fit on my 335xi.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386373

Some of the past rides:

The first incarnation of the S2000:

The second incarnation of the S2000:

The Evo and The S60R:

The QX56 we have for the family ride:

And finally the new member soon to look a little different than this:
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 07:55 AM   #88
a14lee
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fapout View Post
New to the party here. What's up boys!? The name is Tom. Just moved to Brentwood 3 months ago from Florida, was born and raised in Chesterfield though. I'm a moderator on another STL car board which will remain nameless to save some face on here. LOL

I just bought an E92 335xi last week, loving it so far. I see your suntrup bmw story so I thought I'd share mine.
Yeah. I bought my car from Suntrup because it was a good deal. My sales experience was ok, but I definitely had a less than optimal service experience there recently. We went to Autohaus the other day to look at the outgoing X3 (we'll wait for the incoming one), and it was a world of difference. Autohaus just earned themselves a customer for life.

The irony is that we live just down the street from them, just like you.

Do you autocross your s2000?