E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Thumbs up to BMW Toronto service!

02-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
Thumbs up Thumbs up to BMW Toronto service!

I figure everyone is quick at trashing a dealer after a bad experience, including myself, so I will share a positive story for a change.

I was swapping out a set of wheels last night between my E92 and kol's E90 that he was parting out a list of parts from... While torquing up the third wheel, the key for the lock nuts broke (never knew I was that strong! LOL) leaving me with an improperly torqued nut on the front left wheel and the rear left wheel without a lock nut... basically leaving me with 4 out of 5 lug nuts on the rear wheel.

I went to BMW Toronto this morning, drove into the service entrance reception area, without an appointment, and they told me they would take care of it. Went to parts to find out that getting a new key would take a couple of days. Seeing part of the original key was lodged in the front lock nut I decided to buy a full set with a new key. Brought the parts back to service and within 20 minutes, it was all taken care of. I fully expected to have to pay labor, but they did not charge me a cent.

Thumbs up BMW Toronto! I wasnt expecting a freebie for the installation, but that was a very nice gesture. All that and I was back at my office by 9:30!

Definitely earned a repeat customer.
      02-23-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
kol
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92

Garage List
E92 N54  [7.50]
you should post a picture of the broken lug...definately the first time i've seen something like that
      02-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
I actually meant too but didnt realize they tossed it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kol View Post
you should post a picture of the broken lug...definately the first time i've seen something like that
      02-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWtoBMW View Post
I figure everyone is quick at trashing a dealer after a bad experience, including myself, so I will share a positive story for a change.

I was swapping out a set of wheels last night between my E92 and kol's E90 that he was parting out a list of parts from... While torquing up the third wheel, the key for the lock nuts broke (never knew I was that strong! LOL) leaving me with an improperly torqued nut on the front left wheel and the rear left wheel without a lock nut... basically leaving me with 4 out of 5 lug nuts on the rear wheel.

I went to BMW Toronto this morning, drove into the service entrance reception area, without an appointment, and they told me they would take care of it. Went to parts to find out that getting a new key would take a couple of days. Seeing part of the original key was lodged in the front lock nut I decided to buy a full set with a new key. Brought the parts back to service and within 20 minutes, it was all taken care of. I fully expected to have to pay labor, but they did not charge me a cent.

Thumbs up BMW Toronto! I wasnt expecting a freebie for the installation, but that was a very nice gesture. All that and I was back at my office by 9:30!

Definitely earned a repeat customer.
Thats what happens when you are in a brand new car and you are nice to them. Quinn group is great. ANOTHER reason to not bother with wheel locks. I've had BBS on my last 5 cars and never had a theft problem.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaker View Post
Thats what happens when you are in a brand new car and you are nice to them. Quinn group is great. ANOTHER reason to not bother with wheel locks. I've had BBS on my last 5 cars and never had a theft problem.
Ya, I thought about getting the regular bolts but went with the locking ones. I park indoors at work in a reserved spot and park in my garage at home.

After having a flash of this: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491301 I thought it may be a good idea to just get the locks. I do drive down to Philly a couple of times a year and park in the street where I stay so you never know!
      02-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
jasonintoronto
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe (sold)

that's nice of them