E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Jeff@Topgearsolutions / Injen (kinda sucks) DCI

08-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
CptJoe732
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 N54

Jeff@Topgearsolutions / Injen (kinda sucks) DCI

I'll start off by thanking Jeff for all his help. The order went out really fast and he even gave me a good deal. Got my intake within 2 days, opened it up and discovered weld drips inside my pipes so I got on the phone with Jeff and Injen and basically came to the conclusion Jeff would handle everything because when I called Injen they told me 1 week for the powder coating and 1 week for shipping. Not taking any responsibility for a faulty product or trying to make it work with priority shipping I basically didn't even call them back. Jeff had his provider sent me another one on his own dime and I believe there still waiting for a reply from Injen to get a refund.

All in all its a gamble with Injen, once installed which kind of sucked because the directions are in black and white and they jump between a 335i and 135i without really telling you about it. But I like the final product, the car whistles under wot. My butt dyno doesnt notice any gains but just flashed the Stg 1 A.p tune so im a happy camper til I need more power.

So I hope this thread helps someone with a decision out.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Thanks for the support. We are happy to help you out and appreciate you working with us.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 11:03 AM   #3
timothy2001
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Garage List
2011 M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptJoe732 View Post
I'll start off by thanking Jeff for all his help. The order went out really fast and he even gave me a good deal. Got my intake within 2 days, opened it up and discovered weld drips inside my pipes so I got on the phone with Jeff and Injen and basically came to the conclusion Jeff would handle everything because when I called Injen they told me 1 week for the powder coating and 1 week for shipping. Not taking any responsibility for a faulty product or trying to make it work with priority shipping I basically didn't even call them back. Jeff had his provider sent me another one on his own dime and I believe there still waiting for a reply from Injen to get a refund.

All in all its a gamble with Injen, once installed which kind of sucked because the directions are in black and white and they jump between a 335i and 135i without really telling you about it. But I like the final product, the car whistles under wot. My butt dyno doesnt notice any gains but just flashed the Stg 1 A.p tune so im a happy camper til I need more power.

So I hope this thread helps someone with a decision out.

This is spot on. Injen instructions are weak at best, decent product though.

Purchased other stuff from Jeff (Not the intake) and very pleased.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 05:07 PM   #4
b-man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi

I saw jeff's name and the title said sucks so I was like wtf. Turns out Jeff is doing a great job as usual
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 05:24 PM   #5
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Of course, this is hardly unexpected for Jeff- one of the best vendors on this forum!

A+ all around!!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #6
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy2001 View Post
This is spot on. Injen instructions are weak at best, decent product though.

Purchased other stuff from Jeff (Not the intake) and very pleased.
Back when this happened Injen apparently went through a bit of growing pains, the issue has since been resolved and we've sold dozens and dozens of these intakes without a hitch. I think it's safe to say instructions for most any product could always use improvement, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
I saw jeff's name and the title said sucks so I was like wtf. Turns out Jeff is doing a great job as usual
Haha, it scared me at first too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
Of course, this is hardly unexpected for Jeff- one of the best vendors on this forum!

A+ all around!!
Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0