E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Error Code 2C9C

05-12-2016, 08:24 PM   #45
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

You resurrect a thread from 2 years ago on an Australian forum, then bump it after half an hour
      05-12-2016, 08:31 PM   #46
krukedking
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335 xi

Yea sir. I have been battling this for a week.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 08:32 PM   #47
krukedking
Private
Rep

I have the 2c9c problem now. I have had new vrsf downpipes installed. New index 12 injectors, new water pump and a walnut blast. After getting the 2c9c code I replaced bank1 pre cat sensor. Same code still. So I switched the top two plugs im under engine cover and got 2C9C Lambda probe heating in front of catalytic converter, input signal
2C9D Lambda probe heating in front of catalytic converter 2, input signal.

So I'm super confused. I did check the fuse behind the glove box and it's still good.

I know it's an old thread, but no solution.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 09:04 PM   #48
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: State Transit Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by krukedking View Post
I have the 2c9c problem now. I have had new vrsf downpipes installed. New index 12 injectors, new water pump and a walnut blast. After getting the 2c9c code I replaced bank1 pre cat sensor. Same code still. So I switched the top two plugs im under engine cover and got 2C9C Lambda probe heating in front of catalytic converter, input signal
2C9D Lambda probe heating in front of catalytic converter 2, input signal.

So I'm super confused. I did check the fuse behind the glove box and it's still good.

I know it's an old thread, but no solution.

repeating yourself from 4 posts and an hour ago isn't gonna help. Try replacing both 02 sensors
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 09:07 PM   #49
krukedking
Private
Rep

I replace bank 1 o2 sensor as stated. Still same code.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 09:09 PM   #50
krukedking
Private
Rep

Look, I only repeated it so it was on the new page. This is a forums and I'm just looking for help. No need to bash or whatever it is the people on forums do. If you don't have any answers please don't reply and flood the thread with garbage. Thank you and have a great night!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 09:24 PM   #51
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: State Transit Bus

Quote:
Look, I only repeated it so it was on the new page. This is a forums and I'm just looking for help. No need to bash or whatever it is the people on forums do. If you don't have any answers please don't reply and flood the thread with garbage. Thank you and have a great night!
Why don't you take your own advice? You're the one flooding it with garbage, bumping after half an hour and then repeating yourself an hour later. You patronise us by taking us for idiots for not being able to navigate between pages?? I told you, maybe try replacing both 02 sensors. It worked for me after VRSF DP install and having error codes galore. If you don't have a result for your fix and just gonna bump, flood the thread with by repeating yourself, then shut the fuck up. Have a great night!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 09:37 PM   #52
krukedking
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashedUpBogan View Post
Why don't you take your own advice? You're the one flooding it with garbage, bumping after half an hour and then repeating yourself an hour later. You patronise us by taking us for idiots for not being able to navigate between pages?? I told you, maybe try replacing both 02 sensors. It worked for me after VRSF DP install and having error codes galore. If you don't have a result for your fix and just gonna bump, flood the thread with by repeating yourself, then shut the fuck up. Have a great night!
Wow. You didn't read. I REPLACED O2 sensor. Code still there. I'll ignore your rant
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 09:55 PM   #53
NeT335
Major
Albania
Rep
Drives: e92 335i M-Sport

Wtf is it with stupid people on this forum the past few days? :

krukedking you are making yourself look really dumb right now as it must your brain that's abit 'kruked'
CashedUpBogan told you to replace BOTH o2 sensors and you keep replying "I replaced bank 1 o2 sensor, still same code."

2c9c - lambda probe heating in front of catalytic converter 2 -input signal

That means REPLACE BANK 2 O2 SENSOR ASWELL
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2016, 10:02 PM   #54
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Buuump! Please heeellp! It's been 7 minutes!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 10:14 PM   #55
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Wow. You didn't read. I REPLACED O2 sensor. Code still there. I'll ignore your rant
O2 sensors should always be replaced in pairs for the obvious reason as the sensor wears it can read different to a fresh sensor causing further issues.

O2 sensor issues commonly pop up after DP's have been replaced as they're quite fragile and they require a lot of force to get them loosened from the OEM cat.

Personally I had this issue and you see a lot of others also.

By memory Troy (the OP) had a vac line issues, did you replace all your vac line also?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 10:47 PM   #56
krukedking
Private
Rep

When read on the scanner at Bmw it said only bank 1 sensor. So I replaced it and it's the same exact code. No vacuume leaks at all
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 11:00 PM   #57
NeT335
Major
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krukedking
When read on the scanner at Bmw it said only bank 1 sensor. So I replaced it and it's the same exact code. No vacuume leaks at all
If you not going to listen to the advice that is given to you then what do you want here?

Go ask BMW for advice on what to do and gtfo of here

Also here's a free bump since its been 14mins
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 11:01 PM   #58
krukedking
Private
Rep

Usually when you clear the code it takes a while and it pops back on. Well (jb4) it would clear code and the idle would smooth out and as its rechecking code hoes back to rough idle and code is instantly there. Doe that say anything?

I apologize to anyone mad at me for trying to figure this out. I have spent 4K in the past two months on my car, did water pump then two weeks later the new pump failed. Took it back in and said screw it and had the new pump done again, new injectors, vrsf downpipes and a walnut blast. So I'm just trying to figure thisnoutbwiyhout another huge bill.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 11:03 PM   #59
krukedking
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeTiNQ View Post
If you not going to listen to the advice that is given to you then what do you want here?

Look man, the scanner points me to the same spot, I don't know if maybe it's computer related or what?! I'm not gonna put money in a spot that's not giving me a code. Would you?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 11:06 PM   #60
NeT335
Major
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krukedking
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeTiNQ View Post

Look man, the scanner points me to the same spot, I don't know if maybe it's computer related or what?! I'm not gonna put money in a spot that's not giving me a code. Would you?
If you want your car fixed you have put money even if it's for trial and error

Here's another bump for 3mins past and your car is not fixed yet
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 11:57 PM   #61
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Alright, given enough shit to kruked heres some actual advice:

- Put the JB4 on Map 0. I hate piggybacks when you need to diagnose something, it is just another variable that you don't need. Autoclearing is the worst feature you could possibly have in this situation

- The O2 sensor has a heater in it, when the O2 sensor gets old, this heating element can fail (heating element breaks)

- You've said you've replaced the bank 1 sensor. Problem still persists. Swapped the plugs over and the code moved to the other bank. This basically eliminates anything wrong with the wiring on bank 1 (right up to the plug that connect to the o2 sensor). Means that it must be the o2 sensor in bank 1 that is still faulty. Either the new sensor was faulty or you accidentally installed the new sensor in the wrong bank. Bank 1 is cylinder 1,2 and 3 (front downpipe). Who replaced the o2 sensor?

You should just test the O2 sensor heater wires with a multimeter for resistance, this will definitively tell you whether its faulty.
      05-13-2016, 12:04 AM   #62
Fuji
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i

Lmaooo love this thread
      05-13-2016, 12:08 AM   #63
Fuji
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i

BUMP
      05-13-2016, 11:06 AM   #64
krukedking
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl View Post
Alright, given enough shit to kruked heres some actual advice:

- Put the JB4 on Map 0. I hate piggybacks when you need to diagnose something, it is just another variable that you don't need. Autoclearing is the worst feature you could possibly have in this situation

- The O2 sensor has a heater in it, when the O2 sensor gets old, this heating element can fail (heating element breaks)

- You've said you've replaced the bank 1 sensor. Problem still persists. Swapped the plugs over and the code moved to the other bank. This basically eliminates anything wrong with the wiring on bank 1 (right up to the plug that connect to the o2 sensor). Means that it must be the o2 sensor in bank 1 that is still faulty. Either the new sensor was faulty or you accidentally installed the new sensor in the wrong bank. Bank 1 is cylinder 1,2 and 3 (front downpipe). Who replaced the o2 sensor?

You should just test the O2 sensor heater wires with a multimeter for resistance, this will definitively tell you whether its faulty.
i have pulled the jb4 now. i just got me an old android phone, the cable and what not so i can go mhd. im setting that up tonight so i can still scan for codes. i have another new o2 that i will plug in after i scancodes again to see if anything changes.

i appreciate the help. i know i kind of went off for a minute there. i am just frustrated with this. it is my only car and i am borrowing a friends car. getting the car back after all that work and not being able to drive it is driving me crazy!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 11:08 AM   #65
krukedking
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
O2 sensors should always be replaced in pairs for the obvious reason as the sensor wears it can read different to a fresh sensor causing further issues.

O2 sensor issues commonly pop up after DP's have been replaced as they're quite fragile and they require a lot of force to get them loosened from the OEM cat.

Personally I had this issue and you see a lot of others also.

By memory Troy (the OP) had a vac line issues, did you replace all your vac line also?

i will test this new one once i hook up mhd for code reading. what would vac lines have to do with a lambda code?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 11:08 PM   #66
krukedking
Private
Rep

Hey guys small update. I got mhd, didn't install any times or anything yet. Just got it for logging and code reading for now. I was watching live data for the lambada readings. Bank 2 the readings seem fine and change with pushing throttle. Bank 1 on the other hand stays at 15.19 and doesn't move with throttle. I have another brand new o2 I just don't wanna plug it in yet in case it's something my car is doing causing it to go bad.
Appreciate 0