E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Aerospace 303 v. Cockpit Premium

09-01-2021, 10:49 AM   #1
emb
Rep
Drives: B5 S4 / GTi 337

Aerospace 303 v. Cockpit Premium

Used cockpit premium forever, but seems that 303 seems to be the go-to around here. Is that in fact the case? If so, any reason? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 09:07 AM   #2
BavarianMotorWorks
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb View Post
Used cockpit premium forever, but seems that 303 seems to be the go-to around here. Is that in fact the case? If so, any reason? Thanks.
I have used cockpit premium forever as well. And you probably know it leaves pretty much no residue and doesn't change the color of the interior AT ALL.

I get why 303 gets alot of praise because it has great UV blocking abilities but it will absolutely change the color to whatever you are applying. Some people like that the black dash becomes a bit more "darker" after applying but me personally I do not like it at all.

But each person's situation is different. I garage my car every day, have tinted windows to block UV, and have a parking garage at work.

If I had a car that sat outside 24/7 my opinion might be different since I would want more UV protection.

Don't believe anyone who says 303 leave a completely OEM matte finish. It's just not true. I don't have a link but if you search youtube I remember seeing a comparison video with both of these products in it and it mirrors exactly what I am saying and have experienced.

You'll be hard pressed to find any better then Cockpit Premium, if all you're looking to do is find a very gentle cleaner, doesn't change the color of the interior, and leave no residue behind.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 09:45 AM   #3
emb
Rep
Drives: B5 S4 / GTi 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianMotorWorks View Post
I have used cockpit premium forever as well. And you probably know it leaves pretty much no residue and doesn't change the color of the interior AT ALL.

I get why 303 gets alot of praise because it has great UV blocking abilities but it will absolutely change the color to whatever you are applying. Some people like that the black dash becomes a bit more "darker" after applying but me personally I do not like it at all.

But each person's situation is different. I garage my car every day, have tinted windows to block UV, and have a parking garage at work.

If I had a car that sat outside 24/7 my opinion might be different since I would want more UV protection.

Don't believe anyone who says 303 leave a completely OEM matte finish. It's just not true. I don't have a link but if you search youtube I remember seeing a comparison video with both of these products in it and it mirrors exactly what I am saying and have experienced.

You'll be hard pressed to find any better then Cockpit Premium, if all you're looking to do is find a very gentle cleaner, doesn't change the color of the interior, and leave no residue behind.
Exactly my thoughts
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 01:07 AM   #4
macloren
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90

For the interior, I use cockpit premium because it has a nice scent. And for the outside rubber/plastic pieces, 303 is my first choice.
Appreciate 0