E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N52 Supercharger

07-28-2022, 10:08 PM   #1
Mdfmr2
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

N52 Supercharger

Good evening all. New to the forum.

Before I ask this question....I know I could go buy a 335. I know about the ESS supercharger kit. That's not the point. The point is, it's fun to build stuff and try new things.

So... The M52 guys have been bolting salvage and rebuilt eBay superchargers on their cars for years. From what I can gather, they can run the stock ECU maps up to 4 psi, and can go to 5 psi with either larger injectors or a variable pressure fuel regulator. Any more boost and a tune is necessary. Even at lower psi, they're consistently getting 40 or so hp.

The N52 runs a similar displacement, compression ratio and injector size to the N52. Clearly, there are other differences, including ECU maps.

Has anyone tried running a blower at 3-5psi without a tune? Or for that matter, with a tune?

Just seems like a fun project.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 10:11 PM   #2
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Search for the twin screw supercharger thread that Kiddvegas started some months (year(s)?) ago. Cannot recall the amount of boost… but I'm sure there is cool information for you there.

Good luck.
      07-29-2022, 06:34 PM   #3
bcmfla
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i

At least one has put an Eaton blower on an N52. From strictly a size factor the centrifugal blower is easier to hang off of the front of the block.

You would have to move a fair amount of gear and worry about the space near the throttle body. As far as packages go the centrifugal is easier to fit in the available space. Generally deleting the air box frees up most of the area.
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00