E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Replacig DISA valve #2 inner Valve, any shortcuts?

06-04-2019, 04:04 PM   #45
BMWE90fan
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

yeah I figured that I was just skeptical if they were working 100 percent like they should. I was mainly considering doing it as preventative maintenance so to speak.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 04:02 PM   #46
one-niner
Registered
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW E90 325i (N52B25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmyster View Post
I've swapped the small DISA without pulling the manifold. It can be done, especially if you're swapping the large DISA anyway.

Pulled airbox, intake hose, large DISA and throttle body. Dropped belt from alternator and undid alternator bolts. Left wires on alternator and set it into the area where the airbox was. Undid the small disa screws and used a long screwdriver to disconnect the wires and pull it out of the manifold. Then removed it from the front. OFH was not in the way.

Edit: To be clear, I did it without unbolting the manifold, which meant the engine cover didn't need to be removed, and the cowl stayed in place also.
I registered to this forum just to say this: THANK YOU! Today I replaced the small DISA valve exactly as you described. Worked like a charm.

I had to get a E12 socket for the alternator and a T60 for the tensioner (actually, I could only find a T55 but it worked too). Still, this was a much preferred approach compared to unbolting the manifold and risking to break hoses, clips etc.

- Tom
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 05:01 PM   #47
aczorze
Registered
Brazil
Rep
Drives: X1 28i Xdrive 3.0L

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-niner View Post
I registered to this forum just to say this: THANK YOU! Today I replaced the small DISA valve exactly as you described. Worked like a charm.

I had to get a E12 socket for the alternator and a T60 for the tensioner (actually, I could only find a T55 but it worked too). Still, this was a much preferred approach compared to unbolting the manifold and risking to break hoses, clips etc.

- Tom
I also wanted to thank you for the indication of disassembly ... I changed my disa 2 without removing the intake