E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Limp mode 2A3F Valvetronic servo motor: power supply

05-12-2020, 07:04 PM   #1
20 percent juice
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Limp mode 2A3F Valvetronic servo motor: power supply

I've been trying to diagnose this issue for a couple days now and I think I've narrowed it down to either the Valvetronic relay or the motor itself, the car is in limp mode (no engine light somehow) and won't rev past 2000rpm. About a week ago I also got a code 2A38 for Valvetronic actuator sluggish or open circuit however the eccentric shaft sensor may also be bad so I'm thinking they're related and the issue just got worse. I've checked the battery terminals and wiring and the fuse for the Valvetronic which all looks good. On top of that I just found out the alternator has been overcharging the battery which could have cause all this in the first place. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue before and if there's anything I can do before I give up and take (tow) it to a shop thanks.
Appreciate 0