E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > xHP Flashtool - Flash your automatic trans! Official thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-22-2017, 03:22 PM   #1563
RBT-Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
RBT-Tuning's Avatar
Austria
550
Rep
536
Posts


Drives: 335i F31 xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
Love the app. Using stage 3 atm. Set a torque hp record (for my car), finally breaking 500 on hp. My beef is with d mode. I'm using linear throttle and d can shift to 5 by 30 and 6th by 40, and it doesn't bother to downshift. So if I coast from 40 down to 30 and I'm in 6th, Im screwed when I try to accelerate again. Other than that, it's really dreamy in m and s. Pretty sure I could break 12s with these shifts.
Don't use linear throttle with an auto-trans. Ruins every shift point.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 03:37 PM   #1564
cjdzombie
First Lieutenant
cjdzombie's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
302
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 335i xDrive, M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT-Tuning View Post
Don't use linear throttle with an auto-trans. Ruins every shift point.
Yikes! Is that really the case? I've been running the linear throttle map for a while now. Will the car actually perform better without it? I guess I'll turn it off for a bit and see hoe the car feels.
__________________
2011 E92 335i xDrive M-Sport
MHD 93 Stage 2 | xHP Stage 3 | Catless Downpipe | ARM CP | AFE Drop In Filter
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 04:30 PM   #1565
joeinsd
Captain
joeinsd's Avatar
243
Rep
832
Posts

Drives: Stock 2010 e92 335i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETmn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinsd View Post
I've had XHP for the past 2 months and at least 2k miles. That's why I'm wondering if a re-flash would help.
I don't think that would help and also I don't believe the flash resets adaptations. That can be done, but be sure you want to do it before you do. The adaptations in this trans are pretty elaborate and many warn against it.
By adaptations, I mean the learning period (first 50-100 miles).

I?m on 1.3 right now. Basically asking if I flash a new revision, will it go through that learning period again? Or does that only happen when a new stage is flashed?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 04:36 PM   #1566
RBT-Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
RBT-Tuning's Avatar
Austria
550
Rep
536
Posts


Drives: 335i F31 xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinsd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETmn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinsd View Post
I've had XHP for the past 2 months and at least 2k miles. That's why I'm wondering if a re-flash would help.
I don't think that would help and also I don't believe the flash resets adaptations. That can be done, but be sure you want to do it before you do. The adaptations in this trans are pretty elaborate and many warn against it.
By adaptations, I mean the learning period (first 50-100 miles).

I?m on 1.3 right now. Basically asking if I flash a new revision, will it go through that learning period again? Or does that only happen when a new stage is flashed?
That depends what was changed on our side. Some updates are just small fixes, others are huge changes. But thats no rocket-science. Just flash and drive. If the trans shifts good, after the reflash, all is good.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #1567
RBT-Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
RBT-Tuning's Avatar
Austria
550
Rep
536
Posts


Drives: 335i F31 xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzombie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT-Tuning View Post
Don't use linear throttle with an auto-trans. Ruins every shift point.
Yikes! Is that really the case? I've been running the linear throttle map for a while now. Will the car actually perform better without it? I guess I'll turn it off for a bit and see hoe the car feels.
Yes. All shiftpoint and tq converter maps have throttle (so pedal) as primary input. If you change the stock throttle mapping, you change ALL of those maps inside the transmission. It's not dangerous, but the trans will behave and shift totally different, than it was intended to.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2017, 12:23 AM   #1568
joeinsd
Captain
joeinsd's Avatar
243
Rep
832
Posts

Drives: Stock 2010 e92 335i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (9)

Happy to report that after upgrading to 1.4, shifts feel so much better. And now I can cruise in. S if I want to on the freeway! Great update, thanks!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2017, 07:36 AM   #1569
Maniac0908
Major
Maniac0908's Avatar
United_States
119
Rep
1,281
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 07 335xi Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Towson, MD

iTrader: (2)

Do any settings in jb4 impact shifts?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #1570
Komec
Private
Finland
20
Rep
76
Posts

Drives: BMW E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT-Tuning View Post
Yes. All shiftpoint and tq converter maps have throttle (so pedal) as primary input. If you change the stock throttle mapping, you change ALL of those maps inside the transmission. It's not dangerous, but the trans will behave and shift totally different, than it was intended to.
Whoa, this is good information. I need to flash my normal throttle mapping back. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2017, 04:48 PM   #1571
siphor1989
Lieutenant
146
Rep
510
Posts

Drives: bmw 335i
Join Date: May 2015
Location: .

iTrader: (2)

v1.5 is out now. Anyone know what the changes are?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2017, 04:51 PM   #1572
Maniac0908
Major
Maniac0908's Avatar
United_States
119
Rep
1,281
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 07 335xi Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Towson, MD

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by siphor1989 View Post
v1.5 is out now. Anyone know what the changes are?
Tells you at bottom
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 06:48 AM   #1573
mfractal
VAG Survivor
mfractal's Avatar
37
Rep
129
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: BR

iTrader: (1)

is it possible, during the initial backup / flash, instead of using a current stabilizer / charger plugging another car that's running with jump start cables ?
__________________
E90 335i N54 LCI, CTS Turbo Intercooler & 2.5" Catless Downpipes, ER Charge Pipe, Forge DVs, FTP Catch Can, MHD E50 V8 BETA OTS Map

Last edited by mfractal; 09-25-2017 at 06:55 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 05:12 AM   #1574
OlliD
Private
OlliD's Avatar
Germany
27
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by siphor1989 View Post
v1.5 is out now. Anyone know what the changes are?
Cruise Control stays in 6th gear now.
__________________
Mods: MHD Stage I, xHP, VRSF 3" Chargepipe, Turbosmart DV, VRSF DCI, Golf Tee Mod
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2017, 07:28 AM   #1575
RBT-Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
RBT-Tuning's Avatar
Austria
550
Rep
536
Posts


Drives: 335i F31 xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komec View Post
Whoa, this is good information. I need to flash my normal throttle mapping back. Thanks!
Will add that to the manual/FAQ!

Changes for V1.5: All people who have already flashed V1.4, please update to V1.5. There was also a small bug in a monitoring table, which can trigger limp mode in certain situations.
__________________

Last edited by RBT-Tuning; 09-25-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Appreciate 2
OlliD27.00

      09-25-2017, 10:08 PM   #1576
riczon.335i
Private First Class
riczon.335i's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Olympia, WA

iTrader: (1)

It would be nice to know what cars these updates are for? I spent money buying this product and left out in the loop. I keep reading about v1.4 and v1.5 and no one seems to have an answer if it?s also for us pre 03/07? Or newer 335i's

Last edited by riczon.335i; 09-27-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 10:11 PM   #1577
IllSic_Design
Captain
IllSic_Design's Avatar
United_States
290
Rep
611
Posts

Drives: 09 E92 335i AW/CR
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Northern California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riczon.335i View Post
It would be nice to know what cars these updates are for? I spent money buying this product and left out in the loop. I keep reading about v1.4 and v1.5 and no one seems to have an answer if it?s also for us pre 03/07? Or newer 335i's
No, this is for the later cars. You guys are still on V1 I would assume since I've seen no mention of an update for the early models. Also, any update to the app will mention what was added and what it affected, could always open the app after updates
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 10:12 PM   #1578
riczon.335i
Private First Class
riczon.335i's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Olympia, WA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by riczon.335i View Post
It would be nice to know what cars these updates are for? I spent money buying this product and left out in the loop. I keep reading about v1.4 and v1.5 and no one seems to have an answer if it?s also for us pre 03/07? Or newer 335i's
No, this is for the later cars. You guys are still on V1 I would assume since I've seen no mention of an update for the early models. Also, any update to the app will mention what was added and what it affected, could always open the app.
Oh ok cool I appreciate it! Thanks for clarifying. Yeah I opened the app I just figured maybe my tablet wasn't getting the update.

Last edited by riczon.335i; 09-27-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 05:59 PM   #1579
Arthuar
Private
8
Rep
88
Posts

Drives: BMW E91 330xd 2007
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Firenze, Italy

iTrader: (0)

Exclamation

Let me start saying I was one of the few guys to follow this project, here on the forum, earlier on a different thread.
I have been very excited, cause I've believed on You guys.I was happy for the first public release.
The product , right now, must be considered mature, no doubt.
Lastly, I am a bit dissappointed, by the way communication managed, at least here.
I explain it a bit better; I don't see the point, notwithstanding infinitive questions made, no one has given clearly answer, when THIS pre07 update is planned, and at what kind of level the process is.

Really, it's no good at all.
I am only one, but I speak as a passionate follower for sure
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2017, 06:12 PM   #1580
BIMGE
1108
Rep
1,378
Posts

Drives: Bmw
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthuar View Post
Let me start saying I was one of the few guys to follow this project, here on the forum, earlier on a different thread.
I have been very excited, cause I've believed on You guys.I was happy for the first public release.
The product , right now, must be considered mature, no doubt.
Lastly, I am a bit dissappointed, by the way communication managed, at least here.
I explain it a bit better; I don't see the point, notwithstanding infinitive questions made, no one has given clearly answer, when THIS pre07 update is planned, and at what kind of level the process is.

Really, it's no good at all.
I am only one, but I speak as a passionate follower for sure
.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 11:06 PM   #1581
brakthru
Private
9
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

I really like how xhp stage 3 makes my car feel. I'm coming from Alpina flash which was good. But, stage 3 is better. The warm up phase is better. D drives better. Nice quick crisp shifts. Manual mode shift pretty fast! The steering pedal speed may have improved slightly. It's still lagging though. I wish they could be made faster. I'm on v1.4 and I have been driving about a week. Drives smooth. Manual mode is Amazing! Any way to get the pedals to behave as aggressive as manual?

I'm not sure how the kick down feature should work though. When I'm in manual mode, it will still shift down to a lower gear after going WOT.
Also, I'm I suppose to hold the gear selector in place to rev to red line and not see an auto shift? I dont care about this feature but I want to know how it works.
Lastly, is there a way to get rid of the acceleration delay when launching WOT in 1st gear?
Alot of guys may just hold the brake and rev up to a certain rpm and launch. I try to avoid that due to wear and tear. Thanks for or a good product!

Fyi: I'm running Jb4 with MHD e85 tune. So, let me know if there is some change I need to make to MHD in Tuner pro.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 09:47 AM   #1582
RBT-Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
RBT-Tuning's Avatar
Austria
550
Rep
536
Posts


Drives: 335i F31 xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Our GKE191 test car had issues and was out of order the last weeks, so this release had to be postponed. Don't expect support to arrive before November.

@brakthru: Please show a video or a log of this situation. I can only think of, that you are not in S-M mode (lever in S gate) , but in D-M mode. (only a paddle pulled, but lever still in D mode)
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 11:55 AM   #1583
sd306
Second Lieutenant
sd306's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
291
Posts

Drives: 11' E92 335i N55 M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

fisc0h
Just wanted to report I am using "2/23/17 JB4 MHD N55 Map Release" and flashed xHP v1.4 (single turbo map) and no longer hitting the torque limit with JB4 MHD BEF! it goes up to ~182 load as it did with Alpina (v1.3 xHP would only hit ~174 load). I haven't tested the latest JB4 MHD BEF release, but will and will report back.

Procedure:
I flash "JB4 MHD BEF" then "xHP v 1.4"

Note: There is an issue with xHP v1.4 where it could go into limp mode, so it's advised to upgrade to xHP v1.5 (I have not tested v1.5 yet).

__________________
100% E85 | JB4 ISO w/ FlexFuel wires and Rev 3 | MHD (JB4 BEF) | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Fuel-It! TBI | VRSF Catless DP | BMW PE | VRSF CP | VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC | AD-Engineering Low Temp Oil Thermostat | xHP Stage 3 TCU Flash | 12MM BMS Spacers | BMS Intake | BMS OCC | Pure Turbo Stage 1 | GFB DV+ | Pure Inlet | N20 TMAP | NGK Plugs | Rouge Engineering Trans Mounts | M3 upper and lower control arms
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 12:16 PM   #1584
RBT-Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
RBT-Tuning's Avatar
Austria
550
Rep
536
Posts


Drives: 335i F31 xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd306 View Post
fisc0h
Just wanted to report I am using "2/23/17 JB4 MHD N55 Map Release" and flashed xHP v1.4 (single turbo map) and no longer hitting the torque limit with JB4 MHD BEF! it goes up to ~182 load as it did with Alpina (v1.3 xHP would only hit ~174 load). I haven't tested the latest JB4 MHD BEF release, but will and will report back.

Procedure:
I flash "JB4 MHD BEF" then "xHP v 1.4"

Note: There is an issue with xHP v1.4 where it could go into limp mode, so it's advised to upgrade to xHP v1.5 (I have not tested v1.5 yet).

I can assure you, that this has nothing to do with xHP. 182 and 174 load is so small...that is just day to day difference.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:14 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST