E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding Angel Eyes as DRL--> Pre LCI E90

03-04-2019, 06:56 PM   #23
Hamee69
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325XI

Halos?

2006 325xi with stock headlights, how do I get the halos to turn on? Just purchased this car a few weeks ago. Production date is 10-25-2005. Is there a walkthrough someone could post so i can attempt to have them on as my DRL's? Thanks. 🙏
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 12:51 AM   #24
erickarlborg
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: E91 320d -08

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamee69 View Post
2006 325xi with stock headlights, how do I get the halos to turn on? Just purchased this car a few weeks ago. Production date is 10-25-2005. Is there a walkthrough someone could post so i can attempt to have them on as my DRL's? Thanks. 🙏
Not possible to have AEs as DRL on FRM1
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 04:23 AM   #25
Hamee69
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickarlborg View Post
Quote:
What FRM do I need?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 08:32 AM   #26
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What FRM do I need?
You need an FRM 2 or 3.

You can get an FRM 2 on eBay for around $100.00.

You just need to know which one to get based on your options. Options like AHL or LED etc.

A new FRM 3 will run you $450.00 😱

The easiest way to code the angel eyes as DRL's once you retrofit the FRM 2 or 3 is to use Carly IMO.

There are several DIYS on how to use BMW tools and INPA to do this. You will need to change the build date in the CAS to 03/07. Do that first. Then code the NFRM.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2019, 12:01 AM   #27
Godzilx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What FRM do I need?
You need an FRM 2 or 3.

You just need to know which one to get based on your options. Options like AHL or LED etc.

The easiest way to code the angel eyes as DRL's once you retrofit the FRM 2 or 3 is to use Carly IMO.

There are several DIYS on how to use BMW tools and INPA to do this. You will need to change the build date in the CAS to 03/07. Do that first. Then code the NFRM.
If I replace my FRM1 with a FRM2 on a pre 03/07 E90 I can use Carly to code the car?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #28
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilx View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What FRM do I need?
You need an FRM 2 or 3.

If I replace my FRM1 with a FRM2 on a pre 03/07 E90 I can use Carly to code the car?
No. You must use WinKFP & NCS Expert

Use WinKFP to add your vin to the FRM Module and update it with the latest Daten files.

Then -

You have to change your build date in the CAS to 03/07 first. Before you can use NCS Expert to set the NFRM module in the CAS

There are a few threads and YouTube videos how to go from FRM 1 to 2.

Carly is for after you have coded the module to the ECU etc.

Carly can set your angle eyes as your DRL's. Very easy to do in Carly.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 09:47 PM   #29
Godzilx
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What FRM do I need?
You need an FRM 2 or 3.

Use WinKFP to add your vin to the FRM Module and update it with the latest Daten files.

Then -

You have to change your build date in the CAS to 03/07 first. Before you can use NCS Expert to set the NFRM module in the CAS

Is carly worth the money or should I just code the AEs in NCSexpert?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 10:05 PM   #30
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What FRM do I need?
You need an FRM 2 or 3.

Then -

I guess it's really a comfort thing. I don't like NCS Expert personally. It's written in German and you really gotta pay attention big time as a result.

I think the way to go might be the Bimmergeeks app.

I just bought it. looks pretty cool and has lots of nice features that makes Carly look like amateur hour.

You can always email bimmer geeks and ask them if their app will code a FRM 2 module. They are pretty good about getting back with you in 24 hours or less. Tell them you are going from FRM 1 to 2 and give them your build date. I am assuming you are pre 03/07 given you have an FRM 1.

I have played with NCS Expert for dummy's. That's a sh@t ton easier to use as far as coding the FRM preferences like DRL's etc. it's in English.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 10:29 AM   #31
Godzilx
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What FRM do I need?
You need an FRM 2 or 3.

Then -

I guess it's really a comfort thing. I don't like NCS Expert personally. It's written in German and you really gotta pay attention big time as a result.

I just bought it. looks pretty cool and has lots of nice features that makes Carly look like amateur hour.

You can always email bimmer geeks and ask them if their app will code a FRM 2 module. They are pretty good about getting back with you in 24 hours or less. Tell them you are going from FRM 1 to 2 and give them your build date. I am assuming you are pre 03/07 given you have an FRM 1.

I have played with NCS Expert for dummy's. That's a sh@t ton easier to use as far as coding the FRM preferences like DRL's etc. it's in English.
Awesome. Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 04:39 AM   #32
mrbubba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325 M Sport

Quote:
2 BMW's and a MINI and I've never successfully got Carly to code DRL's (other things have worked fine)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 07:28 PM   #33
colorado.e9x
eBay Special
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [9.50]
2006 BMW 330xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2006 325xi with stock headlights, how do I get the halos to turn on? Just purchased this car a few weeks ago. Production date is 10-25-2005. Is there a walkthrough someone could post so i can attempt to have them on as my DRL's? Thanks.
What FRM do I need?
You need an FRM 2 or 3.

A new FRM 3 will run you $450.00

Then -

Awesome. Thanks for the help!
Join the protool Facebook group, they're very fast at responding there
      10-06-2019, 05:42 AM   #34
kwat
Rep
Drives: X1

Hello everyone, I just exchanged the sickle FRM1 for FRM2 XE in E91 from 2006. The front lamps are xenon. I put in a new FRM 2 module, used winkfp to change the software and vin number. I changed the date in FA to # 0307. I coded FRM. Everything went well. I have enabled DRL in KOMBI. I have enabled DRL in FRM:
VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL - drl_s
DRL_TFL_MIT_RL_BL_1 - activ
And unfortunately the rings do not shine ...
Colleagues, can you help them turn on?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 10:16 AM   #35
colorado.e9x
eBay Special
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [9.50]
2006 BMW 330xi  [10.00]
Is your headlight switch set to auto?
      10-06-2019, 11:14 AM   #36
kwat
Rep
Drives: X1

I have already done, I have changed only these options in NFRM:

DRL_TFL_MIT_SML
activ

VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL
drl_s

TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE_0
activ

Only the rings in the front work without the rear lamps even at position 0.
In the Auto position they switch automatically depending on whether it is light or dark.
Of course the drl function must be enabled in the KOMBI.
Best regards.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 01:11 PM   #37
colorado.e9x
eBay Special
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [9.50]
2006 BMW 330xi  [10.00]
So what exactly are you trying to do then? Are you trying to have the rear running lights with DRL as well?
      04-21-2020, 12:17 PM   #38
schriss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330e Plugin Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzy View Post
Guys, a fellow coder was able to remove my DLR via coding which allowed my angel eyes to become 'daytime' lights. But I just need to turn the head light switch to parking lights.
I did have the CIC option for "enable/disable DLR" but after tinkering with my CIC coding, the option disappeared. But my DLR's still disabled.

My car's an 06 with FRM 1
That is correct. It is described here in first post: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692802
I had it done half a year ago on my FRM1. It is more difficult that simple coding as it involves file comparison, hex editing of NETTODAT. Basically this mod sets voltage to 0 volts, so in parking lights switch position only angel eyes work.
      11-10-2022, 11:53 PM   #39
Bimmerboyajay
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90 325i

I have a set of aftermarket Angel eyes for my pre lci e90. My car came originally with halogens. Is there anyway to code for the aftermarket lights to just have the halos on as my drl?
Appreciate 0