E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Horrible experience at Rallye BMW (NY, Long Island)

10-16-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
cshsia
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AMV8, Ford Fiesta SE

Angry Horrible experience at Rallye BMW (NY, Long Island)

Everyone I talked to with a BMW tells me how Bayside is a nightmare, so a few months ago I drove to Rallye BMW on a Friday after work. After pacing around the showroom floor without anyone paying any attention to me, the receptionist told me I would usually need an appointment, but she'll find me a CA to talk to.

10 mins later I was lead up a staircase to at least a few dozen cubicles. This Korean CA saw me, pointed at a chair for me to sit down. What followed was the most unprofessional car-shopping experience ever.

"Are you Korean?" - I said no, he looked clearly disappointed.
I asked about the 328i and 335i convertibles, before I can say I wanted to order the 08s.

"No More! Sold out, no more cars!"
I told him I obviously know, but wanted to test out rear legroom for the verts. Asked him whether there's a car I can at least sit in.

So the guy leads me outside, opens the door of a 335i, and pushed down the front seats. Just as I get it, he slams the seat back upright, right into my knees. (I'm 6'3")

"Sorry!" - he jumps into the front seat.
"See, we fit! Anymore questions?"

I get out, obviously angry, and pulled out my iPhone to snap a picture of the rear seats for my family. Eyes wide open, he stared at the phone. "Oh! Cool phone, what is it?" I told him it was the iPhone released a week ago, he looked at the phone's screen with envy, then walked back into the building without another word or handshake.

I swear I did not exaggerate any of his poor grammar, it was truly a disappointing experience, to say the least.

I know some Rallye dealers are excellent, but this was horrible. I ordered a month later at Bayside.

App Developer working full time from home. Next car related app coming July 2013.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 07:40 PM   #2
OnlyTruth
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535 iX

I did not buy the car from them but was in touch with Joseph, sales rep.
He was very pleasant to deal with and was willling to negotiate the price, given 'managers approval' of course. Once I had to wait about 40 min though to check a CPO car, it is true if you dont get an appointment ahead. They got a great facility though and showroom , have to admit.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
gongtowjai
I'll Kung Fu Panda your ass
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F30 XDrive

wow...sad to hear that. The CA I dealt with at Rallye was recommended here. Very professional. Should have ask around. Members here would have recommend you to see someone they deal with. But I negotiated the price over emails before I show up to order the car.
      11-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #4
Hammerfang
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 330i M-sport

I used to work at Rallye BMW as a car jockey over the summers when I was in college. Overall it is a nice place to buy a car (my father has gotten 2 cars for Rallye). That said, there are def better salesmen then others. I always like Bert and Gabe, if they are there I'd head over to one of those guys.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 04:16 PM   #5
nyfinest
My other car is below !!!!
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Cpe S

Garage List
2008 328xi Coupe  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Great experience at Rallye BMW when ordering my car through CA Jonathan Strahl..Great guy a true gentleman....
      02-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #6
gtrokin330
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: TT

Any idea about Joel (the asian guy)
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 09:29 PM   #7
Long Island Bimmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325ic

I, too, had a horrible experience at Rallye BMW (NY, Long Island) today. I have been using them for service since 1987 originally at their Northern Blvd. location when I got my first 325ic. Through out the years, I always drive a 325ic (or ci) and am still driving one as we speak. Today, I made an appointment to see the new 335d. Gosh! What a horrible experience. The salesman's name is Danny K. My family and I walked minites to the parking lot to see the car and he did not have the key to the car. There are more screw ups but I really am not in the mood to detail them. This is IT for me at Rallye!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshsia View Post
dude i was asked this question like every other day....and get exactly the same reaction as you did EVERY FUCKING TIME! Racist bastards..even to other asians

but regarding these poor services, definitely let BMW NA know as well as the general manager. Though its tough for BMW NA to do much, at least they can still do something with the sales/employee...
      07-25-2009, 04:19 AM   #9
Long Island Bimmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325ic

First, sorry about the typo in my earlier post. "MINUTES" should be spelled as such. Does Rallye have a racist policy? I have no idea and don't want to jump to conclusion. With that being said, the thought did cross my mind because I am asian and so are my family. When I made the appointment, I was told I have been a long time customer (since 1987) and will get the VIP reception, talking directly to their senior manager Alan (?). Not only Alan never showed up, I was assigned to this very rude and ignorant (don't know answers to my simple questions) salesman Danny K, who "happens" to also be asian. The only way to know if Rallye has a racist policy is to see if they always assign same race salesmen to matching customers. It is not worth my time, however, to be bothered with it. I just voted with my feet.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 08:06 AM   #10
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshsia View Post
Everyone I talked to with a BMW tells me how Bayside is a nightmare, so a few months ago I drove to Rallye BMW on a Friday after work. After pacing around the showroom floor without anyone paying any attention to me, the receptionist told me I would usually need an appointment, but she'll find me a CA to talk to.

10 mins later I was lead up a staircase to at least a few dozen cubicles. This Korean CA saw me, pointed at a chair for me to sit down. What followed was the most unprofessional car-shopping experience ever.

I asked about the 328i and 335i convertibles, before I can say I wanted to order the 08s.

"No More! Sold out, no more cars!"
I told him I obviously know, but wanted to test out rear legroom for the verts. Asked him whether there's a car I can at least sit in.

So the guy leads me outside, opens the door of a 335i, and pushed down the front seats. Just as I get it, he slams the seat back upright, right into my knees. (I'm 6'3")

"Sorry!" - he jumps into the front seat.
"See, we fit! Anymore questions?"

I get out, obviously angry, and pulled out my iPhone to snap a picture of the rear seats for my family. Eyes wide open, he stared at the phone. "Oh! Cool phone, what is it?" I told him it was the iPhone released a week ago, he looked at the phone's screen with envy, then walked back into the building without another word or handshake.

I swear I did not exaggerate any of his poor grammar, it was truly a disappointing experience, to say the least.

I know some Rallye dealers are excellent, but this was horrible. I ordered a month later at Bayside.
The CA was an idiot. I had one where I drove over an hour in heavy traffic to make my appointment only to find out the car did not have the sport package ( no pictures were available for me to view prior to driving to the dealership). I sat down and gave him my contact info and what I was looking for. The CA never called me back. I found the car on my own and traveled over 900 miles to get my car.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #11
ilidon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.00]
I had a bad experience from them too just recently. I took my car in for my windows to be replaced because it was being scratched from the inside of the door. When i got it back, they did a good job, but lo and behold, there were deep scratches in my trim (center console) and also lost my tool box inside my trunk! For the scratches, i already talked to the service manager and he agreed on fixing it but to my lost items, i don't know what they're gonna do on that. One piece of advice, if your going in for service, be sure to take all your things out of the car just to be on the safe side.

[IMG]http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578
Appreciate 0