E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > AKMotorwerk Tri-state area shop **NOW OPEN**

04-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #2465
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@SupremePower
Kev holler at me when you get sum time i gotta swing through to have you check my catback have a small issue i need you to check, hope my girls are well!
My girl... How ya been?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #2466
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O HELLA BMW
Hey Kevin and Alex this is what mike@n54tuning is saying

Re: hks ssqv4 bov
Ya ER said the same thing about the vacuum line not being hooked in properly or the T from the old line is open.

You can always send it back for HKS to take a look at it but these are all tested before they ship so a failure out of the box is rare (but obviously possible)

Have you double checked the vacuum lines to ensure there is no leak or they are not damaged at the manifold.

Mike

Now you guys did double check if my lines didn't have rips or anything??? Bc I kno I can hear the bov when I'm in the garage but when I go WOT and let go of the gas I don't hear anything
Brian,
Like the conversation we had on the phone a few days ago. Is the boost gauge acting normal under WOT still like you said it was? Are you getting any limp/half engine codes that you would get if there was a vacuum or boost leak? We checked all the lines and all were ok. Remember that the boost gauge is also hooked up to the same vacuum line as the bov so if the line was open or damaged then the boost gauge would be reading erratic or wrong numbers. I'm pretty sure it's the stock boost levels, the new bov design and the huge stock air box muffling the bov sound like we already discussed.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #2467
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@AKMotorwerk View Post
Always a pleasure Andrew... Enjoy them!
So far so good, Alex! Btw, mustang dyno yesterday...Procede v5, DPs, aFe intake...335 rwhp, 355 lb-ft torque. I was expecting a little higher to be honest...maybe I need to data log and see she's running?
      04-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #2468
waski
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335i

check pm
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #2469
disruptv
Major
Rep
Drives: 3M

Garage List
09 3m  [0.00]
pm me price and time needed to do oss in a 08 6series coupe
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #2470
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
So far so good, Alex! Btw, mustang dyno yesterday...Procede v5, DPs, aFe intake...335 rwhp, 355 lb-ft torque. I was expecting a little higher to be honest...maybe I need to data log and see she's running?
Good to hear Andy. Those numbers aren't horrible for a Mustang dyno. You could always datalog to see what's going on and also email those logs to Vishnu so they can take a look too
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #2471
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by waski View Post
check pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by disruptv View Post
pm me price and time needed to do oss in a 08 6series coupe
PM's sent/replied!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #2472
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Good to hear Andy. Those numbers aren't horrible for a Mustang dyno. You could always datalog to see what's going on and also email those logs to Vishnu so they can take a look too
yeah, this is the plan.
      05-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #2473
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

Quote:
yeah, this is the plan.
hmm yeah those are low, maybe boost leak? 2.5 or 3 DPS? remember on my last car when switching from a 2.5 to 3 diameter i saw a nice bump in horsepower. --ALSO WHICH MAPS ARE YOU RUNNING ON V5? (preloaded or did you customize them) send me some logs and your user values for all parameters..user tq, etc, etc..ill compare them to mine. at the end of the day just remember the numbers you got-- they are on the </3 dyno... Last dyno i did with xi, after FMIC,AFE, Procede aggresive maps, etc,etc i was up near the 350's and torque values were higher than hp levels ( see if i can find the curves) without catless downpipes, no idea. we'll see how it fairs with catless dp's, as hesitant as i am to put them in, i know the power increase is awesome and you are probably loving that SHIET!. the methanol bung on the ERl is calling my name now too..group meth buy? (insert joke here) it never stops..DOES IT?

Alex, Kev- kudos! glad i can update and log my procede now without pulling apart my engine bay lol. the new plugs have the car running like a monster (even though my old ones looked perfect ) reset a few adaptations via BT and it's pulling harder i swear! -and love the p3 gauge with the bmw perf wheel, amber color matches perfectly--even though i still can't believe the guy who sold it to me didnt even tell me he didnt send a vacuum line and then get this--told me it wasnt a big deal to him that his installer didn't tell him that he left his in, uhh..sort of a big deal, how are we supposed to get a reading without a vacuum line. like what..the..?.. i just want it to light up, look pretty, and not read boost right? if i had known it didnt have it, i wouldve just bought one myself! but to not note that or tell me beforehand is just not smart business. luckily you guys had one for it. that was going beyond the extra mile and i appreciate it as always!! guys know ill be back..goes without saying cheers,

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..

Last edited by RevC; 05-02-2012 at 10:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #2474
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevC View Post
hmm yeah those are low, maybe boost leak? 2.5 or 3 DPS? remember on my last car when switching from a 2.5 to 3 diameter i saw a nice bump in horsepower. --ALSO WHICH MAPS ARE YOU RUNNING ON V5? (preloaded or did you customize them) send me some logs and your user values for all parameters..user tq, etc, etc..ill compare them to mine. at the end of the day just remember the numbers you got-- they are on the </3 dyno... Last dyno i did with xi, after FMIC,AFE, Procede aggresive maps, etc,etc i was up near the 350's and torque values were higher than hp levels ( see if i can find the curves) without catless downpipes, no idea. we'll see how it fairs with catless dp's, as hesitant as i am to put them in, i know the power increase is awesome and you are probably loving that SHIET!. the methanol bung on the ERl is calling my name now too..group meth buy? (insert joke here) it never stops..DOES IT?
Rev, it nevers stops man, honestly! I'm running rev2.5 v5 and it was the 3-13 maps on stage 2 map 1. Gonna update to April ones next wk. I'll log then and see if there are any issues. And thx for the offer...I'll send you my logs...I was thinking boost leak as well. Why r u hesitant about the downpipes? Mine are the RR pipes off alex's car. So I think they're 3". Next would be intercooler...

Were you at ak tonight? I drove by on my way home and saw the lights on...if I'd have known it was you I'd have stopped in!
      05-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #2475
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Rev, it nevers stops man, honestly! I'm running rev2.5 v5 and it was the 3-13 maps on stage 2 map 1. Gonna update to April ones next wk. I'll log then and see if there are any issues. And thx for the offer...I'll send you my logs...I was thinking boost leak as well. Why r u hesitant about the downpipes? Mine are the RR pipes off alex's car. So I think they're 3". Next would be intercooler...

Were you at ak tonight? I drove by on my way home and saw the lights on...if I'd have known it was you I'd have stopped in!
no problem,--yah man it was me at the shop!! lol. oh okay yeah then they are def 3 inch, As sad as it is to see his car more stock every visit, Alex's car had a mod list that was and well always know that and whichever car he chooses next im sure will be righteous haha. downpipes hmm.. don't get me wrong I AM NOT THAT GUY who says "will this void my warranty?" hahaha i think i've "voided" (does the rabbit fingers thing) just about every warranty anyway and hey its worth it--just hesitant to install the downpipes because i have about 3 months on my engine warranty and the last car i had gave me a hpfp fail three times in a row literally like 500 miles after putting them in, a completely unrelated problem but i had to go back to stock when i was using my new and not mod friendly dealer..and thus cover all the incurred costs for the swap and everything so i am hoping to wait until that warranty is up, but who knows..knowing us and how it really never does end--i will just do it anyway when i feel like eating m3's isn't enough. after getting toasted by a 458 italia on 295 today it was on my mind haha. sad when you have parts sitting in your garage and you're hesitant to put them in though, yikes. had to put them in the shed as far as procede goes, send em over whenever..that seems like the culprit, leak or maps but anyways update your maps!! the newest april aggressive stage 2 with a bit of tinkering through the tuner interface is downright ridiculous. The intercooler is def next for you!, since this is my second n54 platform, i know the deal by now and that more power wouldnt be any good with more heatsoak so accordingly i sort of reversed and rearranged my mod route this time around. Have the power i want for now, and next logical step is to wait for a sunny day and we're going to get it to the ground with some DA C/O's

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..

Last edited by RevC; 05-02-2012 at 11:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #2476
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevC
Quote:

no problem,--yah man it was me at the shop!! lol. oh okay yeah then they are def 3 inch, As sad as it is to see his car more stock every visit, Alex's car had a mod list that was and well always know that and whichever car he chooses next im sure will be righteous haha. downpipes hmm.. don't get me wrong I AM NOT THAT GUY who says "will this void my warranty?" hahaha i think i've "voided" (does the rabbit fingers thing) just about every warranty anyway and hey its worth it--just hesitant to install the downpipes because i have about 3 months on my engine warranty and the last car i had gave me a hpfp fail three times in a row literally like 500 miles after putting them in, a completely unrelated problem but i had to go back to stock when i was using my new and not mod friendly dealer..and thus cover all the incurred costs for the swap and everything so i am hoping to wait until that warranty is up, but who knows..knowing us and how it really never does end--i will just do it anyway when i feel like eating m3's isn't enough. after getting toasted by a 458 italia on 295 today it was on my mind haha. sad when you have parts sitting in your garage and you're hesitant to put them in though, yikes. had to put them in the shed as far as procede goes, send em over whenever..that seems like the culprit, leak or maps but anyways update your maps!! the newest april aggressive stage 2 with a bit of tinkering through the tuner interface is downright ridiculous. The intercooler is def next for you!, since this is my second n54 platform, i know the deal by now and that more power wouldnt be any good with more heatsoak so accordingly i sort of reversed and rearranged my mod route this time around. Have the power i want for now, and next logical step is to wait for a sunny day and we're going to get it to the ground with some DA C/O's
My poor sad stock car

We gotta get those coils on soon Rev. The sunny weather is around the corner
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #2477
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
My poor sad stock car

cant wait to drop the 4x4

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #2478
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevC
Quote:
My poor sad stock car

cant wait to drop the 4x4
Lol let me know when you're ready. Shoot me a text as usual
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #2479
O HELLA BMW
I &lt;3 My E93
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12” 335is vert

hey Alex do you guys recommend ar Catless dps??
I know installing Catless dps will cause a CEL, can my Cobb tune get rid of the cel light???
      05-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #2480
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Lol let me know when you're ready. Shoot me a text as usual
haha will do bossman! def need to go in soon..ill tell ya all about bear mountain later on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by O HELLA BMW View Post
I know installing Catless dps will cause a CEL, can my Cobb tune get rid of the cel light???
i'll chime in just as i've had them, they are the benchmark of dp's, the pay to play downpipes but perform excellently. The AP has the ability to keep the cat inefficiency codes from being shown on the dash while im assuming proper operation of the O2 sensors. cobb should remove the CEL, but dont quote me on that..sure Alex/Kev will confirm soon.

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #2481
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Switch to Stage 2 maps & the COBB will cancel out the CEL... Gonna need a DP Fix to get past inspection testing
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #2482
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Switch to Stage 2 maps & the COBB will cancel out the CEL... Gonna need a DP Fix to get past inspection testing
in NJ? i dont think they do sniffin anymore right? last time i had a jersey car inspected, obd2 ready..dash clear..and i was done. i did have a dp fix in but at the time also was a jb3 which didnt have nearly the abilities of the newer tunes to clear codes..so dont know.

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #2483
O HELLA BMW
I &lt;3 My E93
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12” 335is vert

Thanks revv and bensy , in PA we do emissions and state inspection every year. If I keep my car under 5,000 miles a year then they won't check emissions so I can leave the dps on.. Lol but I can't drive my car less then 5k a year!!! I love driving it everyday haha

Hey rev with the ar Catless dps can you hear the turbos spool up more better?? And is the fumes from the Catless dps bare able ??
      05-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #2484
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks revv and bensy , in PA we do emissions and state inspection every year. If I keep my car under 5,000 miles a year then they won't check emissions so I can leave the dps on.. Lol but I can't drive my car less then 5k a year!!! I love driving it everyday haha

Hey rev with the ar Catless dps can you hear the turbos spool up more better?? And is the fumes from the Catless dps bare able ??
btw im from PA/NJ, never had a prob with catless on the subaru registered in PA. then again..some of us have our ways..LOL

--yes MUCH better, and faster! and yes fumes are bareable. go for catless downpipes i promise youll love the power if you're into that sort of thing.

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #2485
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevC View Post
in NJ? i dont think they do sniffin anymore right? last time i had a jersey car inspected, obd2 ready..dash clear..and i was done. i did have a dp fix in but at the time also was a jb3 which didnt have nearly the abilities of the newer tunes to clear codes..so dont know.
couldnt tell you, last time i took a car to get inspected it was my dad's audi (un-modded)... 2 old dudes looked at it, checked the blinkers/brake lights, rev'd the engine & gave me the thumbs up. since i'm getting ready to put DP's in my 335i now & have been researching the hell out of this, the BMS DP fix looks like a guaranteed "PASS" if its just an OBD test. I think the COBB just masks the CEL, so if they scan it'll prob come up
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #2486
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
couldnt tell you, last time i took a car to get inspected it was my dad's audi (un-modded)... 2 old dudes looked at it, checked the blinkers/brake lights, rev'd the engine & gave me the thumbs up. since i'm getting ready to put DP's in my 335i now & have been researching the hell out of this, the BMS DP fix looks like a guaranteed "PASS" if its just an OBD test. I think the COBB just masks the CEL, so if they scan it'll prob come up
yeah, i mean idk, cobb's not my tune of choice so i can't even begin to tell anyone about it. yeah, that makes sense though. i know procede will clear and allow the obd port to be "ready" when scanned and thus pass with flying colors..

Appreciate 0