E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > N54 DME/CAS/KOMBI/key set plug and play?

04-22-2024, 12:57 AM   #1
atan14
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i

N54 DME/CAS/KOMBI/key set plug and play?

Hi, recently picked up a 2010 n54 off a trade from another vehicle as a bonus.

Was told the engine was swapped to an 80k mile one and the car has 150k body miles, Didn't realize that the DME or CAS was swapped out too, the previous owner said it was so he could run an mhd tune properly? That doesn't seem right to me unless he bricked something and needed to change it (but I'm no expert), currently, steering buttons don't work along with Christmas lights on the dash, and the odometer shows 270k that he says is in km with tamper dot. Old owner said since the battery was disconnected it reset everything and is now showing the donor DME or CAS mileage and all I need to do is flash his "custom tune" to get everything set to the original 150k body mileage. The mhd tune that he wants me to flash is tied a different vin too, Car also has 2 keys that he says is because of this.

Honestly, would rather not run a custom tune that I have no idea where it came from or fix everything he's done. Could I just get a full set of DME/CAS/KOMBI/key and use that instead, coding it to the vin to get it all working right? Keep in mind not looking to roll back the odometer, just get it back to the original 150k (If possible) and have everything communicating w/ each other.

Thanks,
Adrian

Last edited by atan14; 04-22-2024 at 02:37 AM..
Appreciate 0