E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 30ff noob

10-24-2020, 06:20 PM   #1
ghynds
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW e90 335i

30ff noob

Recently just did new injectors, coils, plugs, valve cover and gasket, alternator and battery.
Car was finally running good so i decided to flash it to stage one mhd and boom in third gear i got 30ff. Even though the car when in limp feels completely fine and still builds boost.
I had a chargepipe and bov that hasn't been installed yet so i decided to throw that in and thought it would fix it but nope. Then i did other maintenance as troubleshooting
-vacuum lines
-replaced cracked nipple on vacuum canister
-boost solenoids (made car pull harder)
-tighten up connections
-intake manifold gaskets
-new brake booster vacuum lines (cracked)
Still have the 30ff
intake manifold nipple is not broken aswell*
I'm starting to think it's my turbos, they rattle upon start up and rattle when i let off gas
Flashed car back to stock and don't have any problem, the car meets boost target every time but in stage 1 it gets up to 12 psi which is 1 below target and then the code gets thrown after while
Any other suggestions and ideas before i throw out big money on turbos?
I know 30ff is a very common problem but from what i've read what i've replaced should fix it so i'm kinda stuck
-Car has 151k 07 e90 and no other codes pop up with the 30ff
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2020, 02:24 AM   #2
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghynds View Post
Recently just did new injectors, coils, plugs, valve cover and gasket, alternator and battery.
Car was finally running good so i decided to flash it to stage one mhd and boom in third gear i got 30ff. Even though the car when in limp feels completely fine and still builds boost.
I had a chargepipe and bov that hasn't been installed yet so i decided to throw that in and thought it would fix it but nope. Then i did other maintenance as troubleshooting
-vacuum lines
-replaced cracked nipple on vacuum canister
-boost solenoids (made car pull harder)
-tighten up connections
-intake manifold gaskets
-new brake booster vacuum lines (cracked)
Still have the 30ff
intake manifold nipple is not broken aswell*
I'm starting to think it's my turbos, they rattle upon start up and rattle when i let off gas
Flashed car back to stock and don't have any problem, the car meets boost target every time but in stage 1 it gets up to 12 psi which is 1 below target and then the code gets thrown after while
Any other suggestions and ideas before i throw out big money on turbos?
I know 30ff is a very common problem but from what i've read what i've replaced should fix it so i'm kinda stuck
-Car has 151k 07 e90 and no other codes pop up with the 30ff
https://bmwtuning.co/bmw-n54-30ff-en...-repair-guide/

Follow the guide above, if everything including adjusting actuator rod doesn't get of 30FF code, then it's probably your turbos.
Appreciate 1
ghynds4.50