E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > no start 335i.

10-10-2020, 12:32 AM   #1
Codyh1030
BimmerDude_9054
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
no start 335i.

recently had done some coding but it did not seem to effect the car. I drove from autozone to the gas station and before auto zone I had driven it all over. needless to say I make it to the gas station and turn the car off to refuel and when I get back inside to start it the car long starts but never actually starts it just turns over multiple times. so then I try starting again and I don't even get a click ? I keep getting A0B4 code about the operation of my starter. I strongly feel like it's something I did while coding but am not sure. I get more than 12v across charging terminal and at the starter and alternator so everything is good. the only thing that I don't see getting that sort of power would be the ACC to the starter as it gets .13. can anyon help me ? I feel like I coded something that wasn't supposed to be coded in my cas or dme. my cas and dme won't sync and car takes a really long time to recognize my key for some reason and requires me to put my key into the slot which it never has done before. please help asap I'm stuck at a gas station until I can make it start
      10-10-2020, 07:16 PM   #2
Mustafa.e92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyh1030 View Post
recently had done some coding but it did not seem to effect the car. I drove from autozone to the gas station and before auto zone I had driven it all over. needless to say I make it to the gas station and turn the car off to refuel and when I get back inside to start it the car long starts but never actually starts it just turns over multiple times. so then I try starting again and I don't even get a click ? I keep getting A0B4 code about the operation of my starter. I strongly feel like it's something I did while coding but am not sure. I get more than 12v across charging terminal and at the starter and alternator so everything is good. the only thing that I don't see getting that sort of power would be the ACC to the starter as it gets .13. can anyon help me ? I feel like I coded something that wasn't supposed to be coded in my cas or dme. my cas and dme won't sync and car takes a really long time to recognize my key for some reason and requires me to put my key into the slot which it never has done before. please help asap I'm stuck at a gas station until I can make it start
Get it towed home and do more digging, try to give the starter a good smack
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 07:13 PM   #3
TedIsBoosted
Rep
Drives: 335i

Possible starter replacement ?

Check connections on it for corrosion etc. If not I would say replace it.

Was everything else working fine before that ?
Appreciate 0