E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > DINAN Group Buy

12-14-2007, 03:15 PM   #23
Dan335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe 6MT,w/sp. pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
bro...... way keep a positive attitude man :sad0147:
I spoke to Eric from Dinan today.Actually he called me. I mentioned a group buy to him for the flash and he sort of laughed at it. Wasnt a smug kinda laugh or a fuck you type thing. He said Dinan has never done a group buy on there parts,and especially not on a ECU flash.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #24
BzzzBom
Major
Rep
Drives: 05 R53 MINI / 09 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan335i View Post
I spoke to Eric from Dinan today.Actually he called me. I mentioned a group buy to him for the flash and he sort of laughed at it. Wasnt a smug kinda laugh or a fuck you type thing. He said Dinan has never done a group buy on there parts,and especially not on a ECU flash.
Maybe we should have a group boycott of Dinan products. Maybe Eric wouldn't find that so funny. I will be the first in line. I just had my MINI dyno tuned for two hours using Dimsport ECU reflash software. The total cost including dyno time was about $600.00. I will pay $1,000 for the Dinan flash and the offer is only good for 48 hrs - Ha-Ha-Ha
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #25
Dan335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe 6MT,w/sp. pack.

Like i said it wasnt a insulting,etc. type of laugh.It was more of a friendly no we dont do group buys. Might as well boycott every other tuner,power maker who wont do a group buy.That would include EVERYONE!.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 04:29 PM   #26
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

I still think that even if they have not done a GB before, we should not pay $2000 + labor....this is ridiculous!!!
Wake up people....I dont give a rats ass if they are DINAN or someone else -- they are in the same market that everyone else is, and they should not be so cocky....
I never pay the asking price! and that includes my LCD TV that I recently purchassed from CircuitCity! I negotiated the price with the sales manager and was able to get $400.00 off from the special price that they had advertised for the web only special (picked up my TV from the store, and got the special pricing + $400.00 off).

Last time I checked CircuitCity were pretty a pretty big retail chain, and still they were open to negotiations, NOT LAUGHS

As I always say -- If you wait enough, you will get what you want at the price you want it!

My .000012 cent
      12-19-2007, 05:20 PM   #27
dinkoh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 lemon/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
I still think that even if they have not done a GB before, we should not pay $2000 + labor....this is ridiculous!!!
Wake up people....I dont give a rats ass if they are DINAN or someone else -- they are in the same market that everyone else is, and they should not be so cocky....
I never pay the asking price! and that includes my LCD TV that I recently purchassed from CircuitCity! I negotiated the price with the sales manager and was able to get $400.00 off from the special price that they had advertised for the web only special (picked up my TV from the store, and got the special pricing + $400.00 off).

Last time I checked CircuitCity were pretty a pretty big retail chain, and still they were open to negotiations, NOT LAUGHS

As I always say -- If you wait enough, you will get what you want at the price you want it!

My .000012 cent

It's not going to happen. They know they will sell it without a problem. Group buys are usually to defray the cost of the production. Its by the third batch before profits are made. Dinan isn't worried about sales.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 10:59 PM   #28
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

goddamn you're naive
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 11:06 PM   #29
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

You are not likely to broker a deal with Dinan. That would involve a breech with the dealer network. And you have to work with dealers for your warranty. But dealers can deal. E.g., Tischer is offering 1899. Not much of a deal, but something. Smart business, it will attract a lot of sales that they otherwise would not get.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 06:31 AM   #30
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
You are not likely to broker a deal with Dinan. That would involve a breech with the dealer network. And you have to work with dealers for your warranty. But dealers can deal. E.g., Tischer is offering 1899. Not much of a deal, but something. Smart business, it will attract a lot of sales that they otherwise would not get.
stressdoc --> this is exactly what I mean. If DINAN is so cool that cant do a GB, then I am sure that someone is going to offer their flash for less money hence my coment about waiting and getting it for the money we deserve to get it
      12-20-2007, 06:42 AM   #31
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Hi,

Comparable ECU flashes in Europe are around US$ 3.400 - 3.800, including warranty. Just for your info . Well, the prices will drop by the time.

- Eugen
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #32
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

If you're close to Tischer BMW you can get a slight discount

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102427
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 09:44 AM   #33
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
Hi,

Comparable ECU flashes in Europe are around US$ 3.400 - 3.800, including warranty. Just for your info . Well, the prices will drop by the time.

- Eugen
Eugen - everything is more expensive in Europe
That is why I came to USA...just kiddin'
      01-03-2008, 12:47 PM   #34
getBMWparts
Rep
Drives: BMW Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher5 View Post
If you're close to Tischer BMW you can get a slight discount

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102427
$100 is a nice discount, considering nobody else is offering any kind of discount whatsoever
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2008, 12:57 PM   #35
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

Quote:

My .000012 cent
Last time I checked the Dinan software was developed and tested in the US.

Your flatscreen was made in China, lets not even get into pollution, poor wages, no evironmental or labour laws. No unions, no healthcare...the list goes on

The two do not compare. Lets price compare it to a piggyback, at least that's designed and made in the US.

Dinans warranty costs the user the $$$. Simple as that.

Why did you buy a BMW, go buy a Kia
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #36
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Last time I checked the Dinan software was developed and tested in the US.

Your flatscreen was made in China, lets not even get into pollution, poor wages, no evironmental or labour laws. No unions, no healthcare...the list goes on

The two do not compare. Lets price compare it to a piggyback, at least that's designed and made in the US.

Dinans warranty costs the user the $$$. Simple as that.

Why did you buy a BMW, go buy a Kia
heheheh so naive....but that is OK, you will learn to value the money one day

J/K dont get over the fence now

To go back on your comment:
I am a consumer and I dont really care where my TV or any other product was made...Plus the TC example was just, well, an example!!!
Economy is economy in USA, in China, Russia, Canada etc. The same basic rules apply.

To answer you question about the Kia: I did not buy a Kia because the poor thing doesnt have 300hp. And I did not buy the G37 (if you were going to ask me about it)because I did not like the way it hadles and the way it looks.
The 335i I bought simply because I need 4 seats (baby). Otherwise I would have purchassed the 2008 Vette...
      01-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #37
Potty_Pants
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec

Quote:
The 335i I bought simply because I need 4 seats (baby). Otherwise I would have purchassed the 2008 Vette...

I hear ya... woulda bought a Lotus elise if it wasnt for the wife/kids.

priorities i guess.

ppp
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #38
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants View Post
I hear ya... woulda bought a Lotus elise if it wasnt for the wife/kids.

priorities i guess.

ppp
That is one h3ll of a fun car to drive