E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Boost Spiking: The Final Showdown

11-30-2007, 08:09 AM   #89
thegeneral101
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Z06,'13 750Li,'11 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui86 View Post
thanks for making this new thread. though i somewhat knew how things worked, this just increased my knowledge some bit. thanks shiv.
+1
      11-30-2007, 08:22 AM   #90
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
It made sense before... I just dont know if I want to be driving around boosting to 13+ psi even when trying to drive conservitively

Not everyone is as "balls out" as you are shiv...
Why would you want to get v2 if you dont want to drive hard? Have you drive other car? like EVo 9 or STI dude they are running at 15 to 25psi.. 13 psi for me seem to be the middle.. not too low or high. i think it is perferctly. Stock boost is at 8.5 psi... it only increase about 4.5 psi more.. come on people why are u guys bitchy about... i dont understand why people bitchy about the "boost spike"
this is what i found on google..

for example.. jt0909's 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution Picture 6. expand. HKS EVC V Electronic Boost Controller @21.75psi/1.5Bar.

The 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX is a .... puts out a maximum 20psi of boost at 3500rpm, falling off slightly to 16psi at 6500rpm. ...

APS powered 2006 STI Fine Line Imports -- (707) 525-1536. ... 6750 rpm and 347 tq. at 4750 rpm with boost peaking at 21 psi tapering to 19 psi (SAE is off, ...

02-08-2006, 10:28 PM. I have my STI tuned for 3" tbe and fmic with ecutek and now the first and 2nd gear hits about 15lb of boost and 3&4&5 gear hits 17.5lb ...

factory on sti

http://www.scribd.com/doc/104227/How...m-Works-v11-01 it is at 20 psi at .600 inch

enough with other car spec. my point is.. at the beginning shv is tunning for 335i was very very conversatively.. he does not know how much this car can push. later version. he tunned a little more ( pushing the evelope) to see what this car will react to his tunning.. now finally he have collected overall data from many car tunned by vishnu . he can finally so called "ball out" ... A little bit spike in boost for 2.0.2. All yall BITCHES and crying about it.. Dude if you guys not ready for that kinda speed and power. dont buy BMW 335I at the beginning.. just go to mercedez benz and driving like a grandmother. or get a honda or toyota. or other slower car.. I believe we are reaching to about 65 percent of power of the n54 max.
If for people want to ball out power, you can get turbo upgrade for the 335i like Garette gt35r or Dual gt2860RS You will see that fucker can boost more than 20 psi- 30 psi.. NOW Boy and girl that i called Ball out.. I dont know how much and longer the N54 engine with alumium casted with stand the power..

IF YOU DONT WANT TO PLAY WITH POWER, YOU CAN GO BUY TT FOR LIKE 500 BUCK OR JUST DONT BUY VISHNU PRODUCT. AS FOR ME.. I WANT POWER AND SPEED. IM DOWN WITH IT.. LETS THE POWER KING BEGINNING.. LOL

BY THE WAY IM NOT HERE TO TAKE SIDE WITH ANYONE..

Last edited by LACA335i; 11-30-2007 at 09:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 08:31 AM   #91
kptaylor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

Yep, it's painfully obvious many 335i owners are new to turbos. Good write up Shiv. Hopefully, we'll get to a better place in a year or so in terms of knowledge.

The ex Subaru, Evo, Audi & VW owners don't seem to have issues understanding. (For the most part.) Turbo, boost, A/F, DV/BOV, intercoolers, etc., are a whole new thing to too many people here. Money doesn't bring knowledge...
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 09:20 AM   #92
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Shiv went out of his way to make some very informative posts in both threads. IMO, it seems like the people that are accusing PROcede of being a dangerous product, either aren't reading Shiv's posts, or just flat out not able to understand them because of the technical nature of the posts.

The only "accusation" I'm seeing, is why PROCede is making 13psi at partial throttle. Shiv has answered this "question" probably about 20 times, yet the same people keep repeating the same question over and over without even trying to comprehend the issue.

The way I'm interpretting it? The higher boost is there because of a number of technical reasons, but beyond technical reasons, you're modifying your car to get more power out of it. Now you're gonna complain about high boost? Maybe Shiv should lower the boost and make PROCede only good for 50 more hp and less torque. That would please all the people that want to, you know, modify their engines and get more power out of it?

If you're so concerned about your engine and precious turbo's, here's a hint: STAY AWAY FROM ENGINE MODS. Go dribble around with your graphs and other techno toys elsewhere. Judging by the nature of the posts in this thread, the only person here who understands the issue in full and takes the time to even attempt to explain it is Shiv.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 09:58 AM   #93
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
Shiv went out of his way to make some very informative posts in both threads. IMO, it seems like the people that are accusing PROcede of being a dangerous product, either aren't reading Shiv's posts, or just flat out not able to understand them because of the technical nature of the posts.

The only "accusation" I'm seeing, is why PROCede is making 13psi at partial throttle. Shiv has answered this "question" probably about 20 times, yet the same people keep repeating the same question over and over without even trying to comprehend the issue.

The way I'm interpretting it? The higher boost is there because of a number of technical reasons, but beyond technical reasons, you're modifying your car to get more power out of it. Now you're gonna complain about high boost? Maybe Shiv should lower the boost and make PROCede only good for 50 more hp and less torque. That would please all the people that want to, you know, modify their engines and get more power out of it?

If you're so concerned about your engine and precious turbo's, here's a hint: STAY AWAY FROM ENGINE MODS. Go dribble around with your graphs and other techno toys elsewhere. Judging by the nature of the posts in this thread, the only person here who understands the issue in full and takes the time to even attempt to explain it is Shiv.
LOL U FORGOT ABOUT ME JK? TERRY, HEXIS, AA, RD SPORT
      11-30-2007, 10:00 AM   #94
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post

+100000
      11-30-2007, 10:13 AM   #95
SGP335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92 Jet Blk

I got an idea, if you wanna go fast get a Procede, TT, AA, or even a JB... If you wanna worry about damaging your engine all the time, then don't get one..

2 Cents: Spend less time bitching/worrying and more time driving. It's much more fun, I promise...
      01-03-2008, 12:16 AM   #96
Sick Speed
Speed
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92 Coupe

Shiv - tried PM you but your stored messages are SICK FULL.

Hate using the threads as it is a pain in da ass to check.

Have a question for you regarding BOVs. Can you PM me?

Thanks.

SS