E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Delay on West Coast deliveries?!

09-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #1
DanT123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 Jet Black

Delay on West Coast deliveries?!

I received an answer from my CA on my inquiry why it was taking so long for my 335i sedan to get on a ship, when it completed production 9/2. According to him, there is a delay for all of the west coast because "they" are waiting for enough cars to fill a ship.

I know of at least one person from the west coast (greginaz) whose car is on a ship, are there any others? And how many other west coast folk are waiting for their car to get on a ship?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2006, 05:12 PM   #2
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT123
I received an answer from my CA on my inquiry why it was taking so long for my 335i sedan to get on a ship, when it completed production 9/2. According to him, there is a delay for all of the west coast because "they" are waiting for enough cars to fill a ship.

I know of at least one person from the west coast (greginaz) whose car is on a ship, are there any others? And how many other west coast folk are waiting for their car to get on a ship?
Dan, you indicate En Route on your profile which, if OC is indicating this, means it is on a ship and your CA should be able to tell you the name of the vessel.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2006, 01:47 AM   #3
Nelphus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

West Coast

I'm on the Hojin - expected delivery to VPC on 10/14

I think all the "delays" that the sales reps talk about are BS.... my car took about 8 days from production to en route, yours will get on a ship in due time - I think the reps need to tell you something and delay is always the answer

check the "'I'm on the Hojin" thread to see some of the other west coast deliveries

give me the options and model of your car and I'll check the real-time status of it for you
CA/ Sirius/Paddles
Formula 1 Pinnacle tint 15%

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2006, 10:07 AM   #4
pdtar98
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 330xi,07 328xi,

Hi Nelphus, I'm also on the Hojin. Mine is a 07 328xi, Montego, Black Dakota, Alum, ZPP, ZCW, ZSP, 18" wheels. Are you able to track the ship? I cant locate it anywhere on any of the websites. Id love an update or trtacking info if you have it. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2006, 10:16 AM   #5
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtar98
Hi Nelphus, I'm also on the Hojin. Mine is a 07 328xi, Montego, Black Dakota, Alum, ZPP, ZCW, ZSP, 18" wheels. Are you able to track the ship? I cant locate it anywhere on any of the websites. Id love an update or trtacking info if you have it. Thanks!
Hojin is an NYK ship and they don't report in when crossing the Atlantic...you kind of have to guess at things...if you know what ports it will make while getting to you it can be possible to track...your CA should be able to tell you ETA's though.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2006, 10:17 AM   #6
E394KEN
M3//4KEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 & E90 335i (Woosh!)

Im on the Hojin as well. Started to finalize paperwork for the E90 335 on Saturday and was told by my CA/SA that we were on board this vessel. Im getting the car fom Steve Thomas BMW in Camarillo they are the closest dealership to Port Hueneme. They told me I might have the car by late October to the first week of November. Does this seem plausible to you guys. I would think it would be a little sooner since the car will get here on the 13th/14th. Any ideas as to real time delivery??
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2006, 10:22 AM   #7
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E394KEN
Im on the Hojin as well. Started to finalize paperwork for the E90 335 on Saturday and was told by my CA/SA that we were on board this vessel. Im getting the car fom Steve Thomas BMW in Camarillo they are the closest dealership to Port Hueneme. They told me I might have the car by late October to the first week of November. Does this seem plausible to you guys. I would think it would be a little sooner since the car will get here on the 13th/14th. Any ideas as to real time delivery??
I would think certainly within a week (most likely 2-3 days) for you to get your car after the ship has docked...your dealer is trying to be conservative so you don't get mad.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2006, 02:31 PM   #8
DanT123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by greginaz1
Dan, you indicate En Route on your profile which, if OC is indicating this, means it is on a ship and your CA should be able to tell you the name of the vessel.
Greg, OC is showing "awaiting transport". I put en route on my profile because "awaiting transport" didn't seem to fit, and I didn't think it would be at that status for over 3 weeks! The 800 number says it is "awaiting a shipping vessel"

Nelphus, you have a PM! Thanks for the offer on the real time tracking.
Appreciate 0