E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Since we are now in a recession ...

11-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #1
str8nm
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
2011 335is  [10.00]
Since we are now in a recession ...

do you think (or know) if the dealerships are more likely to make better deals on a 2009 335i coupe? Toyota is now selling tundra's below invoice!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #2
4wheelpilot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i 6MT

you can find a good deal if you are patient.

every carmaker is suffering right now.
some companies are much more aggressive than others.

i've contacted local BMW dealers about my interest in a 2009 335i sedan.
i've been told that 0.9% financing is now available in november-it was at best 2.9% in october.
I don't know the length of term because i'll be leasing.

and the money factor on leases is down too.

but you have to find a dealer willing to get close to the invoice price. some dealers (the smart ones) will be more cooperative than others.

you can find a very good deal if you are willing to spend the time and effort.
establish a mutually beneficial relationship-understanding that they need to make some profit on the deal-but use the current economy as leverage to get the best deal for you.

good luck.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8nm View Post
do you think (or know) if the dealerships are more likely to make better deals on a 2009 335i coupe? Toyota is now selling tundra's below invoice!
I dont think they will make better on 09's yet, especially since its not even 2009.

You will probably get nice deals on the 08 leftovers though.

Unlike Toyota which has a lot of inventory to move, I think BMW will be able to hold it off if anything they will cut back production a bit.

I think the best thing you are going to see for now is the 0.9% financing. I am sure they will deal but dont expect to see below invoice.
      11-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
UFOGUY
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i sedan, white/gray

squeeze them...

you should be able to squeeze a lot of the profit margin out of a 2009, and especially a 2008 as noted above (but i would go with the new model, why buy or lease a previous model).

keep in mind that MSRP and "invoice" are both fabricated figures supplied by the manufacturer. your dealership's invoice is NOT their true cost. just another ploy to make you think you are getting a rock bottom deal.

because of BMW's lower volume as compared to other auto makers (GM, Ford) there is a large profit margin built into their pricing.

squeeze the crap outta them. i wish i were buying now.

2007 328i sedan, white/gray, auto, premium package, sport package, xenon headlights, chrome exhaust tips, replaced Bridgestone runflats w/ Toyo Proxes 4 UHP all-season radials.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #5
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFOGUY View Post
you should be able to squeeze a lot of the profit margin out of a 2009, and especially a 2008 as noted above (but i would go with the new model, why buy or lease a previous model).

keep in mind that MSRP and "invoice" are both fabricated figures supplied by the manufacturer. your dealership's invoice is NOT their true cost. just another ploy to make you think you are getting a rock bottom deal.

because of BMW's lower volume as compared to other auto makers (GM, Ford) there is a large profit margin built into their pricing.

squeeze the crap outta them. i wish i were buying now.
yea, consider there is no way for options like ipod integration to cost $500 in materials and manufacturing.
Appreciate 0