E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Hair in/under clearcoat

07-31-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
Jurisprudent
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 335i M-Sport

Hair in/under clearcoat

I recently had my bumper resprayed to repair a scuff on the LF corner. Everything is fine now except for one portion of the bumper where a very small piece of fuzz or hair apparently fell on the bumper while the clearcoat was drying or before/as it was being applied. You can feel the hair ever so slightly when you run your finger along it, but I'm afraid trying to pluck it out will damage the clearcoat.

Would a clay bar remove the hair? Is there any other simple fix for getting off? I have a hard time expecting a body shop to respray the entire bumper for something so small, but at the same time I've now noticed it and can't help but noticing it everytime I look at the car (even though I'd probably have to point it out to 95% of the people in this world).

Thanks for any suggestions.
      07-31-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
328i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M

Take it to the body shop and have them fix it. depending how deep it is you might be able to remove it then just wetsand and buff it out.
      08-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
elite3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2000 BMW 330CI

328i you are right on point with that suggestion because they know the thickness of paint and clear applied
Appreciate 0