E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > BBKs in New England

07-28-2019, 12:26 PM   #1
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
BBKs in New England

Considering upgrading to a stoptech bbk. Anyone running this (or another BBK and have any lessons learned?

The car is a daily driver, but it's fast enough that a more stopping power would't hurt.
Appreciate 1
Torgus3781.50
      07-31-2019, 01:22 PM   #2
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
I have and have been running a ST BBK ST 60 front ST 40 rear for over 4 years. Granted my car is a nice weather only driver but I probably have 15-20k on them. I bought them used and they had ~20k on them. So ~45k and ZERO issues so far. Which is what you would expect from a high end BBK and not some knock off.

I would buy a used set as you can find them for 3k and they hold their resale value very well. I am sure I could sell my kit today for exactly what I paid for them.

Friction disks are fine surprisingly. I use the ST street/strip pads and they dust a TON but are fine otherwise. Great initial bite, no need to warm them up like you have to with an aggressive track pad. That being side they are designed to be able to swap brake pads without removing the caliper from the rotor so you can swap in track pads at the track quickly. Not that removing a caliper is a lot of work but if you have it tq'd correctly using the window above the brake pads makes the most sense.

Pics in the link in my sig.

Make sure you replace the two small brake lines above the rear subframe. You have to drop the subframe to get to them so you should do your diff and subframe bushings then as well as your rear sway bar when you have the subframe lowered. Or just pay twice to do the same job.
Appreciate 0