E90Post

European Auto Source (EAS)

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Dme question

09-14-2019, 06:28 AM   #45
Terraphantm
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothydevisser View Post
Cant i just run the msv80 firmware on the msv70, or sounds this to easy
No they’re completely different in terms of software. But you should be able to run whatever msv70 software is most appropriate for your car without issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 07:24 AM   #46
Timothydevisser
Just a newby
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terraphantm View Post
No they’re completely different in terms of software. But you should be able to run whatever msv70 software is most appropriate for your car without issue.

Sorry for all the questions,

Will the msv70 be able to run the 3 stage disa ? and will he do this when i run the 330i flash from bimmerlabs without the MAF or should i have to change things in the dme settings ?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 07:54 AM   #47
rjahl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Sorry for all the questions,

Will the msv70 be able to run the 3 stage disa ? and will he do this when i run the 330i flash from bimmerlabs without the MAF or should i have to change things in the dme settings ?
You'r good, just put the car together.

The MSV70 will run a factory 330 tune with the three stage manifold and 255hp. That's what it was designed to do. No problems.

You may end up with a powerclass missmatch between the tune flashed into your DME and your car. That's "easily" fixable.

Make sure you have a good ODB Dcan cable around and BMW tools installed on a PC/laptop. You should have one for this car anyways. Hand's down the best diagnostic tools you can own.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 08:09 AM   #48
Timothydevisser
Just a newby
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post
You'r good, just put the car together.

The MSV70 will run a factory 330 tune with the three stage manifold and 255hp. That's what it was designed to do. No problems.

You may end up with a powerclass missmatch between the tune flashed into your DME and your car. That's "easily" fixable.

Make sure you have a good ODB Dcan cable around and BMW tools installed on a PC/laptop. You should have one for this car anyways. Hand's down the best diagnostic tools you can own.
I have all the stuff to code, there is not the problem.

I guess your missing the post where i say the engine is a N52K so the last version and the msv70 is made for running the n52.

The n52k should be able to run at 272 from spec, will i be able to run that or only with the msv80 ?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 08:29 AM   #49
rjahl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:

I guess your missing the post where i say the engine is a N52K so the last version and the msv70 is made for running the n52.

The n52k should be able to run at 272 from spec, will i be able to run that or only with the msv80 ?
Don't get too caught up in the final HP number. With BMW switching between PS and DIN HP and various web sites listing it incorrectly, it's easy to get confused. The only 330 tunes getting anything near the 272 HP is the European 330 using a direct injection N53. Different motor and DME.

All the other factory three stage N52 (3 Liter) tunes are around 255-258HP. Trust me, Several of us have dug deeply through the factory tunes to analyze the differences. We've even compared the maps between the MSV80 and MSV70, They have the same values or very similar. Valve lift, Vanos, ignition timing, torque targets are all similar. Nothing to be gained by running one DME vs the other.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 08:33 AM   #50
Timothydevisser
Just a newby
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post
Don't get too caught up in the final HP number. With BMW switching between PS and DIN HP and various web sites listing it incorrectly, it's easy to get confused. The only 330 tunes getting anything near the 272 HP is the European 330 using a direct injection N53. Different motor and DME.

All the other factory three stage N52 (3 Liter) tunes are around 255-258HP. Trust me, Several of us have dug deeply through the factory tunes to analyze the differences. We've even compared the maps between the MSV80 and MSV70, They have the same values or very similar. Valve lift, Vanos, ignition timing, torque targets are all similar. Nothing to be gained by running one DME vs the other.

Oke this week the engine will arrive, next big work will change the wiring loom to LHD.

I have 1 part of the wiring loom for LHD but have to shorten the ignision and fuel electro cables to fit and run.

cant find the entire loom for LHD
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 10:36 AM   #51
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

Quote:

All the N52K means is it has a plastic valve cover and intergrated PCV system. The rest of the engine is identical. Same head, block, crank and pistons.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 10:37 AM   #52
Timothydevisser
Just a newby
Netherlands
Rep

Can i use a wiring loom from a 328i n52 ( from the usa )

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F143320469630
Appreciate 0