E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Heated seat swap question

09-06-2019, 01:58 AM   #1
nd_100
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

Heated seat swap question

I am swapping manual (not powered, not heated) seats on my 08 328xi with heated sport seats from a LCI e90 (2011 I believe). Since my car came with manual unpowered seats, the yellow connector x279 was a little different but I managed to reuse the one from my old seat. I have read thru a lot of posts across various forums, and know that I need to run power from fuse box to the x279 connector. I also have the heated seat control switch that will connect to the climate control module

The only part that is unclear to me is HOW would the seats know when the seat heater button in dash is pressed? My seats have a small seat module, but I am not sure which wire or bus connection would tell that module to turn on.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks

ND
Appreciate 0