Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Fender liner destroyer with 19 OEM M3 wheels

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-26-2017, 09:30 AM   #23
YoungBlood
LongDongSilver
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Sorry, I edited my post right as you were posting! H&R are not bad by any means, just stiffer than I wanted for a daily that sees shitty roads every day. I'm going for bilstein B4's, just because for $300, why not. I did go with the coupe part number, which is half an inch shorter in length or so, which should pair well with the springs I'm on, since they're not way stiffer than stock. H&R was just way too much springs rate for OE damper rates. I'm sure with a better damper, they'd handle amazing and probably ride pretty smooth as well
      05-26-2017, 10:48 AM   #24
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfzilla View Post
What are some of you doing to keep your finder liner in especially with a aftermarket set of agressive wheels........or do you just not ride with fender liners?
I used heat gun to heat up the plastic and then 2x4 to shape it in a way to clear the tire.
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2017, 10:50 AM   #25
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harambe View Post
Yikes. I had a more aggressive wheel with a taller (245/40/18) tire and didn't even rub.
It would depend of the offset too. Low off set, let say 30mm or less would increase the chance of rubbing.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #26
Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT FBO; '18 F150 Platinum

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
It would depend of the offset too. Low off set, let say 30mm or less would increase the chance of rubbing.
Yeah I know. That's why I said I had a more aggressive wheel than him (8.5 et23) and didn't rub.

2008 335xi 6MT | VRSF Catless DP | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF CP | TIAL BOV | DCI | MHD 2+
BC Racing BR | Stoptech 600 | Firehawk Indy 500 255 Square | Atric Altimax 225 Sq.
2018 F-150 Platinum 701A | FX4 | 3.5 EcoBeast
Appreciate 1
feuer4275.50
      06-02-2017, 08:48 AM   #27
YoungBlood
LongDongSilver
Rep

Well, trimmed a portion of the fender bracket, and liner, got new struts in, annnnd it still rubs. I'm gonna have to trim a whole lot more it's looking like. It might just be how low I am, because I've talked to people on this same setup who don't rub
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2017, 10:12 AM   #28
YoungBlood
LongDongSilver
Rep

So, to solve my issue, I actually ended up having to raise my ride height a couple mm, roll and pull the corner of the fender by where it meets the front bumper, trim even more off the metal bracket, trim a 4x6 section of fender liner out entirely, and form the rest out of the way with a heat gun. And I'm rubbing my front bumper still. This is getting a bit crazy, seriously wishing I had gotten coilovers so I could just raise the car 1/4 all around and be done, and that actually might be what happens at this point, I'm definately rubbing due to ride height
      06-29-2017, 07:13 AM   #29
Underground6t9
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi, Lexus is250

Quote:
Nice. I might consider those. This is kinda a first for me. Normally I buy the best of the best. After my most recent car ownership fiasco I needed a break but I love car culture so I know I wont stay away.....I'm just kinda over buying brands/labels that look and sound good but dont work as advertised or wont be used to their fullest potential. While I'm NOT looking to buy traditionally terrible products but I'm also no longer looking down on brands that function well but dont have the cachet of more well known brands. I'm going to research the shit out of my suspension choice. I dont mind a slightly stiffer ride. I just want a fun daily that wont allow for fender liners to be beat, lol.

So I'm going to assume its the suspension thats my issue so I'll replace when I replace the suspension.
KW1 or SST for daily setup

|instagram@underground6t9|
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 08:26 AM   #30
YoungBlood
LongDongSilver
Rep

I'm gonna go ahead and second that ^^ I recently rode in a car with BC's and man were they stiff. My teins were sorta bouncy on bigger bumps, the only time I'd ever say they really bounced was big freeway dips doing 70+, but at least they absorbed bumps. The car I rode in with BC's you could feel every crack in the road. KW has a much lighter spring rate on their street oriented setups (see the spring rate sticky in the suspension section) and if these Tein springs sat 1/4, or even 1/2 higher they'd be perfect with some koni's, but I still haven't found a good set of springs for e90 that doesn't slam it, or offer barely any drop over sport. I'm going back to sport springs, with supreme lowering perches, and saving for some kw's, lightweight 18's and swaybars, since I've decided springs alone are not the ticket on this car.

long story short get coilovers so you can adjust as needed
      07-03-2017, 02:48 PM   #31
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Quote:
I'm on the factory MSport suspension. I was thinking maybe that setup is past its useful life (just crossed over 100k on the clock). I was looking at what to get for suspension. I dont think I need 3k suspension since its my daily and once I set the height I'll never re-adjust. That being said I was seriously considering the H&R Spring/Strut combo or Bilstein B12 kit when I finally buy some F14's
Way past it's useful life.
Get Bilstein B8 to replace the stock shocks.
Unless you want to lower there is no need to do anything else.
Get GC camber plates since they only cost a bit more than the stock bearings and you need to replace those when you replace the shocks/struts.

Oh, I'm running a 19x9 in the front with a 245/35 and 19x9.5 in the rear with a 275/30.
No rubbing.
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex Square SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 03:22 PM   #32
YoungBlood
LongDongSilver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
Way past it's useful life.
Get Bilstein B8 to replace the stock shocks.
Unless you want to lower there is no need to do anything else.
Get GC camber plates since they only cost a bit more than the stock bearings and you need to replace those when you replace the shocks/struts.

Oh, I'm running a 19x9 in the front with a 245/35 and 19x9.5 in the rear with a 275/30.
No rubbing.
offset and ride height matter more than just the tire/wheel size as far as rubbing